collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Views on new signings so far  (Read 15159 times)

Online tomd2103

Re: Views on new signings so far
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »
I think injurys permitting we'll start at Arsenal with the front three and middle three that served us so well at the end of last season.

I reckon the defence aswell will be Lowton-Vlaar-Okore- Luna but Okore needs to play some games.

Agree.  I think the midfield three and front three are still first choice after their performances in the second half of last season.  The encouraging thing for me is that when everyone is fit, we will have a lot more options on the bench this season, including players who may be able to come on and change games.  We could be looking at a bench of:

Steer, Baker, Gardner, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Tonev, Helenius   

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2013, 05:19:36 PM »
I will be taking in my first pre season game against Malaga so will judge properly then.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2013, 04:40:11 PM »
I will be taking in my first pre season game against Malaga so will judge properly then.

Part-Timer!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2013, 04:42:25 PM »
Agreed. Always thought McLeish was a really likeable chap, in fact my Uncle, who is as Villa as they come, met him a bunch of times while he was working in Scotland and said you'd struggle to meet a nicer bloke. If I were to go for a pint with any of our previous five managers, it would be McLeish hands down.

Having said that, he's still a biblically shit football manager.

The last line of that just made me snort with laughter.

Offline bobdylan

« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »
Can any of them take a decent corner/free kick?  Westy puts a reasonable ball in but otherwise we are short on set piece takers unless Tonev, Bacuna, Luna etc are useful?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal