collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Season Ticket Pack  (Read 33073 times)

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: New Season Ticket Pack
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 01:05:19 PM »
For those of you who (like me most of the time) don't pay much attention to marketing stuff that comes thro' from Villa, please note that there's a new Season Card in the pack.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »
Mine just arrived today can't wait for the season to start.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 02:47:48 PM »
Being a season ticket holder with my son I prefer the new way. Some credit/money off the cost of his away shirt is more use than those vouchers. We don't eat or drink in the ground so I only used the programme ones.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Not fair not fair mine are not here yet ...end of stampy feet tantrum , I will just have to be patient I guess :(

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »
I was in the shop in town earlier buying my ST. I can confirm that they have a notice up saying all ticket purchases are now subject to a £2 booking fee. That is per transaction not per ticket. Even if paying cash in person. It didn't apply to my ST though.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
I was in the shop in town earlier buying my ST. I can confirm that they have a notice up saying all ticket purchases are now subject to a £2 booking fee. That is per transaction not per ticket. Even if paying cash in person. It didn't apply to my ST though.

Paying a booking fee if paying by cash is ridiculous, especially if you're given the ticket there and then.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2013, 03:27:34 PM »

Paying a booking fee if paying by cash is ridiculous, especially if you're given the ticket there and then.

EU/UK regulations is the reason they mention. Could stop a few people buying tickets were money is very tight.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »

EU/UK regulations is the reason they mention. Could stop a few people buying tickets were money is very tight.

Sounds a strange regulation to bring in. I wonder if £2 is the least they can charge. If not, maybe charging a little less for cash bookings might be an idea.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
Not fair not fair mine are not here yet ...end of stampy feet tantrum , I will just have to be patient I guess :(

Same her Mark H. Postie's just been and no ST!!!!!
Someone was saying we need to ring the office if they are not here by Monday?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »

Sounds bollocks to me. £2 per transaction is a right rip-off.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »

That sounds like a 'health and safety' type excuse - better to blame the government than own up to your own silly policy.

I'd love to actually see these EU/UK regulations they're referring to as I can't imagine they say you must charge £2 per transaction when selling football tickets.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »
On the OS. http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3332938,00.html

All of Villa's ticket and event bookings will now be subject to a standard £2 booking fee, regardless of how you purchase.

This is due to the implementation of the new Consumer Protection (Payment Surcharges) Regulations 2012.

This booking fee will apply to all match, travel and event tickets, as well as bookings for stadiumtours and soccer schools.

That is whether you are paying by credit/debit card, cash or cheque.

However, this booking fee will only apply once during your transaction.

This means that whether you buy one ticket or twenty tickets during the same booking, you will still pay just £2.

The standard £2 booking fee will come into effect on all bookings made through Villa Consumer Sales on Thursday August 1 and will apply to any booking via the ticket office, city centre store, phone lines or the online ticket office.

For further information on the Consumer Protection (Payment Surcharges) Regulations 2012, please click here.

The "click here" link takes you to Click here
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:12:29 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »
Are all clubs doing this does anybody know?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 12:10:59 PM »

That sounds like a 'health and safety' type excuse - better to blame the government than own up to your own silly policy.

I'd love to actually see these EU/UK regulations they're referring to as I can't imagine they say you must charge £2 per transaction when selling football tickets.

It looks as though they're saying they have to charge the same booking fee regardless of how you pay so they're putting them all up. 

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2013, 12:15:10 PM »
On the OS. http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3332938,00.html

All of Villa's ticket and event bookings will now be subject to a standard £2 booking fee, regardless of how you purchase.

This is due to the implementation of the new Consumer Protection (Payment Surcharges) Regulations 2012.

This booking fee will apply to all match, travel and event tickets, as well as bookings for stadiumtours and soccer schools.

That is whether you are paying by credit/debit card, cash or cheque.

However, this booking fee will only apply once during your transaction.

This means that whether you buy one ticket or twenty tickets during the same booking, you will still pay just £2.

The standard £2 booking fee will come into effect on all bookings made through Villa Consumer Sales on Thursday August 1 and will apply to any booking via the ticket office, city centre store, phone lines or the online ticket office.

For further information on the Consumer Protection (Payment Surcharges) Regulations 2012, please click here.

The "click here" link takes you to Click here

That's really helpful - thanks.

My reading of those regulations is that they're designed to stop traders from making profits out of transaction fees - ie where transaction fees are charged they can't be more than the actual cost of processing that transaction. If anything, what the club have done here would seem to go against those regulations.

Like I said, I think this is a crap excuse to just charge more money and has conveniently happened in a year when ticket prices have been 'held'!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal