collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Faulkner  (Read 9250 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Paul Faulkner
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 09:06:30 PM »
How long into that live chat thing before someone asks him "what on earth were you thinking when you appointed McLeish?"?

I reckon less than 90 seconds.

I went to a Network Villa thing about this time last year and that was the first question then too... It is still the most baffling decision the club will ever make. He did give a decent explanation as to why he wasn't sacked before the end of the season though.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 09:30:50 PM »
How long into that live chat thing before someone asks him "what on earth were you thinking when you appointed McLeish?"?

I reckon less than 90 seconds.

I went to a Network Villa thing about this time last year and that was the first question then too... It is still the most baffling decision the club will ever make. He did give a decent explanation as to why he wasn't sacked before the end of the season though.

Which was?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 10:28:01 PM »
I am gonna ask him about improving AVTV (IE: we should be showing full games not highlights ).

I would like them to revamp the whole website. It really is a pile of crap. For one thing, don't have the video running on the right side of the page which means it takes an age for a page to load. Instead, keep AVTV to it's specific section of the website. I only go on the site to read news articles and end up giving up because the screen makes it too slow to load. They need to see how some of the other Premier League team's do it because some of them make a really good job of it.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »
I am gonna ask him about improving AVTV (IE: we should be showing full games not highlights ).

Please do. It is shambolic and belongs to another era from some dim distance past!

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 09:10:32 AM »
It's brutal for a Premier League website, crap layout, nasty pop up video and dire search function. 

On a practical level, it probably means the club are missing out on hits (and potential revenue) as it's less annoying to search other sites.  This applies to Villa fans (obv)  but also fans of rival clubs, who might normally check out the oppositions site pre game. 

Offline Titus Aduxus

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
My dad sort of knows him and he says Mr Faulkner is more important to Aston Villa than Christian Benteke.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »
My dad sort of knows him and he says Mr Faulkner is more important to Aston Villa than Christian Benteke.

Hi Pelty!*

Only japing, Pelty. ;)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »

Please do. It is shambolic and belongs to another era from some dim distance past!

Re showing full games and not highlights - the strict licenses that Sky and BT have set with the Premier League prevent that from happening, certainly if you're talking about live coverage.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »

Does he like a drink or two?

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »

Re showing full games and not highlights - the strict licenses that Sky and BT have set with the Premier League prevent that from happening, certainly if you're talking about live coverage.

No not live coverage. There is a 24 hour or so waiting period licensing wise.

But after that clubs like ChelseaTV show the full game not highlights. I want us to do the same.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »
Ah right, didn't realise.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »

I fully agree with your dad. By the way does he have any advice in how to keep marijuana plants alive with no light?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
What an effort from Benteke.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »
oops. wrong thread.

Offline Jeff Green

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »
Villa's list of the unwanted as shown by the squad numbers do seem to have one thing in common. 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal