collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Faulkner  (Read 9203 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Paul Faulkner
« on: July 25, 2013, 05:36:37 PM »
Paul Faulkner has been appointed to the FA International Committee, which provides support to Team England during home and away games and helps represent the FA internationally.

In addition, he has retained a place on the FA Cup Committee, which oversees the running of that competition.

Villa's Chief Executive has been selected for these committees through his work as a member of the prestigious FA Council, the body which discusses and determines the major policies of The FA.

The Council consists of 92 elected representatives from the FA Premier League, the Football League, County FAs and the non-executive board of The Football Association.

"For Villa to be represented on the Council is important, and I'm very proud on behalf of the Club to be selected to these committees," said Faulkner, who was first voted on to the FA Council in 2012.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Paul Faulkner
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »
We already have a Faulkner thread.

*Locks thread*  :P

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
One year on the FA Cup Committee and he's given a place on the FA International Committee.

Doug must be spinning on his head.*

In case you didn't know, Doug invented breakdancing.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 06:37:11 PM »
Well done to him, he's clearly improving a lot in his role with experience.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »
I suggest he should concentrate on his job at the Villa rather than diversions of FA quangos! 

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 07:19:43 PM »
We already have a Faulkner thread.

*Locks thread*  :P

^^This ^^

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »
Good news for Villa. Was only a few seasons ago we were bemoaning him as not being a football man or having the required contacts. He's on the upwards curve now it seems.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 07:57:04 PM »
the only way you can become a 'football man' is to have and gain experience in the football environment, how many years do you have to serve before your officially a football man ?

I went for a job interview many years ago, the fella said to me I was to young for the position,
 I said that's something I was working on every day,
 I didn't get the job, but its the same for Faulkner, when he came he was inexperienced, but not now

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 08:17:15 PM »
Good news for Villa. Was only a few seasons ago we were bemoaning him as not being a football man or having the required contacts. He's on the upwards curve now it seems.

Indeed and further credit for the way he conducts business at Aston Villa, as it's obviously been noted.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 08:22:16 PM »
He's not there yet but he's showing promise.  A bit like the team actually.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:11 PM »
Booooooooooooooooooo! Faulkner!

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
They must have been woefully short of alternatives, which doesn't surprise me one bit. Also isn't full time Chief Executive at Villa a full time role.

The bloke's a Grade A plum. He has been out of his depth since Day 1. Nobody and I mean nobody with a sense of footballing ilk and sanity would have hired TSM.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 09:00:22 PM »
They must have been woefully short of alternatives, which doesn't surprise me one bit. Also isn't full time Chief Executive at Villa a full time role.

The bloke's a Grade A plum. He has been out of his depth since Day 1. Nobody and I mean nobody with a sense of footballing ilk and sanity would have hired TSM.

He was party to one mistake therefore he can't do anything right ever again. I don't know if you've noticed but things have improved a bit in the past two years.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:08 PM »

Do you really mean that, or did you assume your default position without giving it any thought?

Surely the biggest part of his villa job is networking and influencing people.  I reckon using the FA as vehicle for that purpose is pretty impressive myself.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:51 PM »
Fair play, I like the guy and think he's doing a far better job than he gets credit for, forget TSM for a second (which is something you should be trying to do anyway), now what else has gone wrong under him, really?

GH will always be questioned by some but you can't argue with his CV or reputation.  You also can't blame the club for taking the advice of doctors who said he was fit to work in management.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal