collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chavski date announced  (Read 25437 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Chavski date announced
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 07:32:56 PM »
So in the space of 7 days we play Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool? How kind.

Well if we're going to win the league we've got to play and beat them at some point. The way I see it, it may as well be sooner rather than later ;-)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 07:51:42 PM »
So in the space of 7 days we play Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool? How kind.

wonder what the odds would be for us getting 3 clean sheets,
 a billion to one ?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 08:17:36 PM »
That takes the piss.

It most certainly does but when the Premier League view all teams outside the top 4 as cannon fodder, it comes as no surprise.
Stop it now. There is no bias here as I see it. Match has been arranged early when both teams are fresh. Really don't see how it favours one team more than the other.

I'd guess it favours them given they asked for this date and we asked it to be pushed back until after the Liverpool game.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »
They may be overestimating their powers of recuperation at the start of the season. Hull will have knocked lumps out of them 3 days before.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 09:00:01 PM »
Did not want that at all, real possibility we'll start with two defeats now. Chelsea always start the season on fire in Mourinho's 1st spell.

Can't see us taking that many either after last season's horror show and it being straight after Arsenal away.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »
That takes the piss.

It most certainly does but when the Premier League view all teams outside the top 4 as cannon fodder, it comes as no surprise.
Stop it now. There is no bias here as I see it. Match has been arranged early when both teams are fresh. Really don't see how it favours one team more than the other.

I'd guess it favours them given they asked for this date and we asked it to be pushed back until after the Liverpool game.

We can ask all we want but it's the first available date and therefore the one it was going to be.

Offline peter w

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
To be fair all sides, including the better ones are nowhere near their best, or fittest, in those first few games. We shouldn't be as daunted as we would later in the season.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 09:10:22 PM »
I think you're right Peter, get them out of the way early, and before they hit their stride...as long as we hit our stride.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »
That takes the piss.

We can ask all we want but it's the first available date and therefore the one it was going to be.

I get why you'd have that rule later in a season but does it really make sense to play 3 games in 7 days followed by 21 days without a game?

Just because that's the rule doesn't mean it's right.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 09:49:46 PM »
That takes the piss.

I get why you'd have that rule later in a season but does it really make sense to play 3 games in 7 days followed by 21 days without a game?

Just because that's the rule doesn't mean it's right.

It might not be right but neither is it the basis for a conspiracy theory.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
I don't think I ever said there was any kind of conspiracy.

I just think the Premier League have acted ridiculously.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »
There is precedent for this, Chelsea played Reading at exactly the same time last year.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
There is precedent for this, Chelsea played Reading at exactly the same time last year.

Just because that's how it's been done in the past doesn't mean it's sensible to do it that way again.

I still haven't heard a sensible rationale for why it can't be played in the 3 weeks we don't have a game. I'm sure there is one as Chelsea wanted it to be played on that middle Wednesday but I don't think it's been explained to the fans (why would the Premier League bother communicating with the fans I hear you ask!).

Offline peter w

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 11:38:28 PM »

Yeah, but we're Aston Villa.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 11:42:36 PM »
I'm not going to let facts get in the way of me abusing the classless chav tossers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal