collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chavski date announced  (Read 25536 times)

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Chavski date announced
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2013, 03:06:37 PM »
I think PL sounds a little small-time - I do think he could have been a little more 'above it all' than he does - but he definitely has a point, particularly with the 3 week gap after the ''The Mighty Reds YNWA' game.

Having said that, I think I'd rather play Arse and Chelsea away earlier rather than later in the season.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »
I wonder if for the sake of argument we'd have suggested this Wednesday and Chelsea had suggested another date, which way it would have gone?

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »
These comments makes us look VERY Small Time. But really it's just PL getting his excuses in first in the event that we only get a couple of points (or less) from the first three matches. Pathetic really.

Why does he need to get his excuses in for a couple of points. I'd take that now.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »
Not many will expect us to get any points at all from the first 3 games. I don't think PL is making excuses, just making a point (no pun!) that Villa offered 5 dates and all were ignored in favour of a date that seems to suit the opposition instead.
I'd be a bit pissed off too.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »
I would rather get those 2 hard games out of the way in the first week and then onwards and upwards

As far as I'm concerned, anything better than 2 drubbings is a positive, even if we end up say - 4 goal difference after these 2 that would be ok and then we try to get something from Liverpool.

Momentum is important though, particularly in the early stages of the season and with the way the fixtures are we're going to have to work extremely hard to create any.

Whatever you think of PL's comments, and however you think we'll get on in our first 3 games, it's undeniable that our early-season fixtures are extremely unkind.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »
Not many will expect us to get any points at all from the first 3 games. I don't think PL is making excuses, just making a point (no pun!) that Villa offered 5 dates and all were ignored in favour of a date that seems to suit the opposition instead.
I'd be a bit pissed off too.

Quite so, nephew of Frank Moss.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »
I would rather get those 2 hard games out of the way in the first week and then onwards and upwards

As far as I'm concerned, anything better than 2 drubbings is a positive, even if we end up say - 4 goal difference after these 2 that would be ok and then we try to get something from Liverpool.

Momentum is important though, particularly in the early stages of the season and with the way the fixtures are we're going to have to work extremely hard to create any.

Whatever you think of PL's comments, and however you think we'll get on in our first 3 games, it's undeniable that our early-season fixtures are extremely unkind.

Momentum is key, an extra week between games this early in the season does us no favours, regardless of who the games are against or where they are played.  If I was Lambert I'd be tempted to try to arrange an extra friendly to keep the match sharpness up.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2013, 05:56:38 PM »
It could be PLs way of developing an us against the world mentality

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2013, 06:23:03 PM »
And what exactly is David Moyes complaining about in comparison? They've two of their rivals spread out over four games cushioned by dross like Crystal Palace. Already on the defensive, not a good sign.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2013, 07:12:30 PM »
I have no ill will towards him but Moyes getting the Yawnighted job is a clear a demonstration of the Peter Principle as you are ever likely to see.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2013, 10:12:28 PM »
my tickets for this came today, £55 each, as my lad hasn't got a farthing that's cost me £110 for a football match ffs

you could buy a house for that when I were a lad

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2013, 12:01:35 AM »
my tickets for this came today, £55 each, as my lad hasn't got a farthing that's cost me £110 for a football match ffs

The club should have sent them back at that price, particularly after the re-scheduling.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2013, 09:52:59 AM »

The club should have sent them back at that price, particularly after the re-scheduling.

didn't Man City do something similar with Arsenal tickets last season ?
or I might have understood it wrong

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal