collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:27:04 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 01:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 01:28:34 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 01:23:43 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Delfouneso & Bannan  (Read 13276 times)

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: Delfouneso & Bannan
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »
On another note, what's Gabby been up too? Not heard much on him this pre season so far?

Lambert interviewed on SSN earlier about any more signings and he said that Gabby was injured along with another six players.

EWW beat me to it.

what did he say on more signings ?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 12:40:02 AM »
That we have six players injured and when they come back it'll be like having six new players, we're totze sorted.

Offline shaunreynolds

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »
Fonz has had his chances with various managers and hasn't taken them so he needs to move on. As for Bannan he winds me up every time i see him, he's lazy, tries the spectacular all the time when an easy option is available to him. He is a liabilty who needs to be moved on quickly.
UTV

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »
Bannan isn't lazy and stopped the 'hollywood' pass two seasons back. A tidy squad player along with Clark, Albrighton, Baker and Gardner.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
Being a squad player is what Bannan's been since 2009. He's barely progressed. Time to ship him out. The others have all come on  - Albrighton at his best was a lot better than Bannan and he's had his fair share of injuries so deserves another chance.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »

If i had to pick between Delfouneso and Bowery as a forward i'd pick Delfouneso EVERY single time

I'm not sure why he gets so much flak. Decent player that's never had a proper run in his favoured position. But he certainly looks a better bet than Bowery in front of goal to me. You could say that's not saying a lot, but i think Nathan's got something to offer.

But I was told once that his main problem is a lack of self belief, and that was from folks at Bodymoor

Offline bobdylan

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
Bannan is behind Bacuna, KEA, Gardner, Sylla, Delph and Westwood minimum for one of 2/3 places in the side, I can't see any reason to keep him.  I agree Delfouneso looks a better bet than Bowery, but that isn't saying much and I'd still put him behind Benteke, Helenius, Gabby, Tonev, N'Zog, Weimann and Albrighton for one of the 3 forward roles, so again I dont see much point in keeping him.  He's probably on quadruple Bowerys salary as well.

Offline GarethRDR

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »
Be chuffed if we can get a couple £m for either before deadline's out, but I've a feeling we'll be stuck with them until their contracts run down (which I believe is end of this upcoming season, making it all the less likely we'll be getting any noteworthy offers for either).  C'est la vie.

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »

If i had to pick between Delfouneso and Bowery as a forward i'd pick Delfouneso EVERY single time

I'm not sure why he gets so much flak. Decent player that's never had a proper run in his favoured position. But he certainly looks a better bet than Bowery in front of goal to me. You could say that's not saying a lot, but i think Nathan's got something to offer.

But I was told once that his main problem is a lack of self belief, and that was from folks at Bodymoor
The fonz ATTITUDE seems the sticky point JB has so much potential and will progress again this season I d rather have Bowery every single time

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »
Simple offer Bannan and Nathan, (one of those three from Ireland, Given, or Hutton) for Luke Murphy or someone similar.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Paul Ince is crying out for players at Blackpool. The Fonz and Bannan have both played there on-loan, maybe both parties would be keen. Likely involve us subsidising the bulk of the wages though, I imagine.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 10:31:36 PM »
Simple offer Bannan and Nathan, (one of those three from Ireland, Given, or Hutton) for Luke Murphy or someone similar.

Hasn't he just signed for Leeds ?

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
Didn't know he left for Leeds. But a young upcoming player in midfielder we need to replace Bannan :)

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »
Didn't know he left for Leeds. But a young upcoming player in midfielder we need to replace Bannan :)

McEachran or Chalobah!! at chelsea Will Hughes!!  or Shaqiri on loan from bayern or Sergi Samper Barcelona loan to replace bannan

Offline eamonn

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 02:25:04 AM »
Cool your jets, lad. I'm not sure Bannan needs to be replaced given we already have about fifty midfielders as it is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal