collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matt Lowton - new deal  (Read 8143 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Matt Lowton - new deal
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2013, 05:55:42 PM »
Goldie will be gutted by this latest development

He still had three years remaining on the four-year contract he signed last year. What was the point?

Don't look on the Benteke thread now son, you'll slip into a coma from the continuing stupidity at the club.

Offline Ryu

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
Just watched Lowton being interviewed about the new contract on AVTV.  Seem like a sensible and mature lad.  Also said 2 points when he meant 3 when talking about the Stoke win last season.  Clearly old beyond his years!

Offline manic-road

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
More good news coming out of Villa today.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2013, 06:47:53 PM »

superb news

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2013, 07:12:03 PM »
Poor sod, his big day on the yellow ticker and in no time at all it's 'and in other news...'

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2013, 07:19:17 PM »
I'm nearly as happy about this one as am about Benteke.  I'm a big fan of Lowton, I think he's got everything you want in a fullback other than he needs to deal with diagonal balls better.  I'm fairly sure he'll get an england cap before the world cup, and will fully deserve it.

Offline peter w

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 07:52:35 PM »
His chesting down of the ball at high speed, moving forward and floating that wonderful ball for Weimann to score against Sunderland was one of my favourite moments of last season.

Indeed.What I like about this and the recent new contracts is that the club are clearly saying, you start onthis. You prove you are good enough and you'll get this. great incentive to a young motivated player. kind of also explains Lambert's so-called policy ofnot bringing in more experienced players. We can't say to them - you'll take a wage drop to this and if you prove yourself you'll get this. IfLambert is a good enough manager, with a good enough scouting and coaching team around him , then it will succeed andthere are some very exciting times ahead. If not, it won't be pretty. Next season is huge for him Lambert), and us.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013, 08:17:09 PM »
I am very pleased about this and the other contracts that Villa have arranged this summer and think that some revision of the term, 'big club' is due next season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 11:04:02 PM »
Him and Westwood will be exceptional players for us.

Good stuff from the club.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »
I am very pleased about this and the other contracts that Villa have arranged this summer and think that some revision of the term, 'big club' is due next season.

You could be right there Louzie. There seems to be a lot of method and forethought behind what goes on at VP these days.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »

You could be right there Louzie. There seems to be a lot of method and forethought behind what goes on at VP these days.

Hope so, Steve!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal