collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matt Lowton - new deal  (Read 8141 times)

Offline achilles

Re: Matt Lowton - new deal
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »
His chesting down of the ball at high speed, moving forward and floating that wonderful ball for Weimann to score against Sunderland was one of my favourite moments of last season.

For me too, equally Weimann control and finish at the end of the pass... quality!

Offline Ryu

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
Great news, was my player of the year last season. 

I assume that all the players who've recently signed contracts will have had a fairly significant pay increase.  I'm sure they're not on Harewood levels of money quite yet but we really could do with getting rid of Hutton, Given et. al sharpish.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »
Goldie will be gutted by this latest development

He still had three years remaining on the four-year contract he signed last year. What was the point?

Offline Ryu

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »

He still had three years remaining on the four-year contract he signed last year. What was the point?

because you can't keep hold of young, promising English players who are starters for Premier League clubs whilst paying them championship wages.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 02:14:36 PM »
These new contracts over past few weeks have been brilliant - easily covers the disapointment over the CB saga.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »

To show any future signings and the ones we have bought this summer, if you perform well, you will be rewarded.

The only two I can think didn't perform very well, out of all the boys given new contracts are Clark and Baker. They were coming into their last year though.

There's plenty of stuff to moan about, this isn't one of them.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 02:14:53 PM »
Lowton, Guzan, Clark and Westwood all tied to deals....well done Villa.

...and Baker.

...and Weimann.

and those two too.....

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 02:16:41 PM »
Lambert and the club are being very clever and promising to reward the players if they deliver. He is keeping his promise and that can only be good for the players, team spirit and fostering a sense of loyalty. He would probably have only been on 15k a week and doubling that is nothing compared to the amounts we have been pissing up the wall on average/poor players in recent years.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »
Lambert and the club are being very clever and promising to reward the players if they deliver. He is keeping his promise and that can only be good for the players, team spirit and fostering a sense of loyalty. He would probably have only been on 15k a week and doubling that is nothing compared to the amounts we have been pissing up the wall on average/poor players in recent years.

This is true, but don't forget we can afford to pay more thanks to letting those wasters go and also the new Sky money. The latter means that the going wage for a Premier League player has gone up again, so once more we need to spend more just to stand still.

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »

Probably less than that! He came from L1, Westwood from L2. I bet they were on no more than 10K

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 02:34:53 PM »
I'm pleased we have him signed up for another four years he deserve's it played really well last season.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 02:38:14 PM »

So we should'nt have offered Benteke a new contract either then?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »

Are you the only person on the entire planet that doesn't understand why we should be offering improved terms to our young players that we actually want to keep? It's just one way of telling them they are a valued part of our future.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »
If my staff perform well, and above expectations, I will increase their wages above and beyond normal.  If they do the bare minimum they stay as they are.  Its how I would want to be managed, and sends a very clear signal to 1) the most important person, the "player" him/herself, and 2) to everyone else that is either within the comapny or looking in.  Good work.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
Great player and I'd argue he's possibly the best player at the club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal