collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New three-year contract!!!!!! – Ciaran Clark is he all that?  (Read 9274 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: New three-year contract!!!!!! – Ciaran Clark is he all that?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 12:30:24 AM »
No. The club continues to dish out new contracts for no reason whatsoever. We were one game off from relegation no one deserves one imo.

That's your opinion. Not one I share.

You said it. If their in the last year of their contracts what's the problem with signing a new one in January or at the end of the season.

That is a very bizarre viewpoint. By January they would be free to sign a pre-contract with anyone else, so if they have a blinder of a season we could lose them for nothing. Do you think it makes sense to take that gamble?

Yes.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 12:30:33 AM »
No. The club continues to dish out new contracts for no reason whatsoever. We were one game off from relegation no one deserves one imo.

You said it. If their in the last year of their contracts what's the problem with signing a new one in January or at the end of the season.

That is a very bizarre viewpoint. By January they would be free to sign a pre-contract with anyone else, so if they have a blinder of a season we could lose them for nothing. Do you think it makes sense to take that gamble?

You're a fool PWS if you are asking Goldie to think this one through.

Edit: oh, too late

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »

You're a fool PWS if you are asking Goldie to think this one through.

Edit: oh, too late

;)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:58 AM »

Yes.

So you'd be happy for us to lose  potentially £20,000,000+ worth of players for nothing?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »

Yes.
Ok, so this is just one of those crazy, "not-thought-through" things like your conspiracy masons post?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 12:32:16 AM »
Bonkers

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 12:33:37 AM »

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 12:38:12 AM »
Seriously though i didn't know Weimann was in his last year. He has had a good season and deserves a new contract. The rest weren't so no, I don't rate Clark.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »

Yes.
Ok, so this is just one of those crazy, "not-thought-through" things like your conspiracy masons post?

All those conspiracy posts are all 100% true and fact. If you don't choose believe them then don't. As long as i know the truth that's all that matters.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 12:50:48 AM »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 12:55:01 AM »
As long as i know the truth that's all that matters.
Technically, wouldn't it also be a good thing if the public and authorities knew 'the truth' as well?

If it's just you then it doesn't really make much difference.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 01:05:00 AM »
You can't handle the truth, etc, etc.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 01:50:04 AM »
Back on topic, Ciaran is a cultured footballer. A cut above for a long time at reserve level and we were all quite excited about his breakthrough. It's been a little bit in fits and starts but he's another player who has suffered at times during the last three years of musical chairs at the club. I think last season will have been the making of him.

Captain on a number of occasions, a few cock-ups sure but also signs that he could be a real leader. Like the original comparison with Scimeca but I think there's more to Ciaran's game and he won't be distracted by his parents owning an Italian down the road. If he's going to be a centre-back at least he's had a good grounding in it now. I expect him and Okore to finish next season as a fine double act at the back. We'll concede sub 50 (which for a Lambert team is impressive) and Clacker will also pop-up with a couple at the other end.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 03:22:53 AM »
Happy to see Ciaran signed up. I still think he could do with trying a more defensive midfield role but as a defender he will just get better and better.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 06:09:01 AM »
He is worth preserving and new contract but Questions remains about his ability on defensive side. He could look at the like of Paul McGrath and see how they handle the game in defending. Maybe Okore and Baker will make him perform even better.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal