collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Shay Given  (Read 31117 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Shay Given
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 01:59:51 PM »
They've had Habib Beye and Diouf there in the last couple of years. I don't think big wages are that much of an issue to them I guess.
They were paying two grand of Beye's wages when he was there, we were covering the rest.

They had some agent involved, where they took players on loan then had a cut of any future transfer fee.

Offline supertom

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »
They've had Habib Beye and Diouf there in the last couple of years. I don't think big wages are that much of an issue to them I guess.
They were paying two grand of Beye's wages when he was there, we were covering the rest.

They had some agent involved, where they took players on loan then had a cut of any future transfer fee.
I don't think any of them had a transfer fee in the end. I forgot the legend that is Pascal Chimbonda also played for Donny briefly too.

Also noticed they've signed Harry Forrester. It'll be interesting to see him playing in the Champ next season.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »

Yup, Willy McKay.

A flawless plan which was only ruined by the fact that there was never any chance of any of the players (Beye, Diouf, Piquionne, Chimbonda) ever generating a transfer fee.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
Can't they take Stephen Ireland as well?

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 04:14:20 PM »
Can't they take Stephen Ireland as well?

The Indie has Ireland and Dunne possibly accompanying Mr Given, backed by Irish money

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »
Can we pay them to have Hutton?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »
Can we pay them to have Hutton?

O'Hutton, you mean.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »
No surprise to me we can only shift him on loan, who would buy him on 50k a week?

Offline Merv

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
If Ireland goes too, as is being reported/ suggested, I think that says everything about his desire for the game and his motivation. He's ten + years younger than Given but he seems about ready to call it a day. Guy's an absolute puzzle.

Offline Legion

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »
If Ireland goes too, as is being reported/ suggested, I think that says everything about his desire for the game and his motivation. He's ten + years younger than Given but he seems about ready to call it a day. Guy's an absolute prick.

Fixed.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 06:53:47 PM »
If Ireland goes too, as is being reported/ suggested, I think that says everything about his desire for the game and his motivation. He's ten + years younger than Given but he seems about ready to call it a day. Guy's an absolute prick.

Fixed.

I reckon when he evetually retires we'll see a book about his battle with depression or something similar.  There's clearly mental issues at work there.  The worst thing is he does the right thing in all aspects off the pitch, with all the charity events, etc.  He just seems to want nothing to do with football.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 07:01:12 PM »
For most of us I think it is exceptionally easy to leave a job that we hate, but in Ireland's case he can earn so much money that he can't turn his back on it and do something else. I remember reading an interview with him and the thing that immediately came across is that he wants the best for his family and he sees earning a fortune as the best way of doing it.

It's a real shame as there is so much talent there. Anyway, that's the limit of my being understanding towards him. I hope he leaves and leaves soon.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 07:10:50 PM »
How much of Given's wages are Doncaster covering? If it's something token like less than five grand we'd be be better keeping hold of him. Jed, Benji and whoever else are too raw if the Goose gets crocked.

Offline Legion

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 07:12:25 PM »
I'm sure we could recall him.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:59 PM »
How much of Given's wages are Doncaster covering? If it's something token like less than five grand we'd be be better keeping hold of him. Jed, Benji and whoever else are too raw if the Goose gets crocked.

I'm not sure i agree on this.  Steer and Seigrist need a chance to get some game time (in the league cup initially) if we keep Given you have to play him whenever you rest Guzan, and we'll soon end up with 2 back up keepers who are 23-24 and have never played a game for us, If we're not going to start Given we need to move him on, regardless of where he goes or how much they pay.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal