collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mark Rutter (rutski) - Charity donations  (Read 37930 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Mark Rutter - Rutski
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2013, 07:24:20 PM »
When you read something like that, who cares who is leaving or joining the club or any such other trivia.
What a most superb tribute.

Indeed but how many jumped for joy knowing he saw the Sunderland game?

Oh good, it wasn't just me then.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2013, 07:37:05 PM »
Christ, I honestly can't remember the last time I cried as much, reading that.

Sincerest condolences Dom. Sounds like you were a friend and a half to Mark.

Offline peter w

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »
RIP Rutski.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
It's not very often I get teary eyed but the bit about Mark's children presenting the player of the season award to Guzan did it.

You've clearly lost a really good friend there Dom and it certainly puts things into perspective.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2013, 08:12:47 PM »
RIP.

Offline James AVFC

« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »
This is my first post on the site, unfortunately it is in these circumstances.

I didn't know Mark greatly but certainly well enough to have a chat about Villa with him whenever I saw him.  Last time I saw him was in the Park Tavern in Kingswinford just after we'd done the business at Norwich in the League Cup quarter final.  He said that he had sat and had breakfast with Ken McNaught in the hotel on the morning after the game. 

He always had a smile on his face and was very well liked and respected by everyone he knew.  Over the last few months I have spoken about him a lot with friends as news of his illness became known and the comments made about Mark as a person have been very genuine and warm, in a lot of cases from friends of mine who I didn't even know knew him.

Dom - that was an excellent tribute, well done.

I will clear it with the gaffer tomorrow and am very hopeful I should be able to attend the funeral to pay my respects.

Atty

Offline danlanza

« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »
Take care mate. It will be a long journey, you will get there. Holte Enders in the Sky.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2013, 08:06:30 PM »
Dom, that was magical - what a lovely way to recall a friend - I am sure Mark would have loved every word, so emotionally written. I will admit that I had tears strolling down my face before I had even got to the final paragraphs - I have two young children and the thought of them going through what Mark`s children have done sends a shiver down my spine - life is so precious. I shall say a prayer for Mark`s family on Monday - I hope he has a wonderful send off - wear those Villa ties with pride. RIP Rutski

Offline Dom

« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »
I can’t thank you all enough for your kind and thoughtful words about Mark and about the piece I wrote about the last months of his life, it is overwhelming, it really is.  It shows without a shadow of doubt the humanity and decency of all H&V followers and contributors, you should all be very proud of yourself in that regard. 

I am only an amateur writer but I do a weekly blog column called Lowlife - all back copies can be found at http://dominichorton.blogspot.co.uk/.  They are usually light hearted pieces, the piece on Mark was a one off really.  If anyone wants to be added to the email distribution list just let me know - my email is: lordhofr@gmail.com.

By putting the piece on Mark on here I did not intend to publicise my Lowlife column, that was not the intention, I just thought other Villans might be interested in reading it.

Thanks again and Up the Villa.  Dom

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »
I don't have a lot of time to post any more and somehow missed this thread until now. I'm absolutely gutted to say the least. Mark was a poster I had time for. Top man. A true Villan.

I never met him but it doesn't suprise me that he was so popular and well thought of.
What a damn shame. Peace be with you and your loved ones mate.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2013, 07:44:13 PM »
never underestimate the importance of giving your kids a hug or kiss, telling your mum or dad that you love them, just being there for your friends. This month marks the first anniversary of a very close friend of mine who passed away suddenly aged 39 of a brain aneurysm. I loved my friend Rosh as much Dom loved Mark, and I will never forget him or the impact it has had on all of us, his wife and two little boys.

That was a lovely piece Dom, and believe me you'll see Mark more often now than you ever did before. 

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2013, 08:08:28 PM »
never underestimate the importance of giving your kids a hug or kiss, telling your mum or dad that you love them

A couple of weeks before my dad unexpectedly died I was leaving for work and my folks were looking after my almost 2 year old son. As I left Billy was sat cuddled up with his 'Pops' asking him to read to him, for some reason I went back in the house and got my camera and took a photo without either of them noticing. So glad I did it, it was the last photo of my dad and a lovely photo.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2013, 08:23:01 PM »
never underestimate the importance of giving your kids a hug or kiss, telling your mum or dad that you love them, just being there for your friends. This month marks the first anniversary of a very close friend of mine who passed away suddenly aged 39 of a brain aneurysm. I loved my friend Rosh as much Dom loved Mark, and I will never forget him or the impact it has had on all of us, his wife and two little boys.

That was a lovely piece Dom, and believe me you'll see Mark more often now than you ever did before. 

I can only reiterate what Toronto has said, you never know what is round the corner. Don't take things for granted and remember who and what is really important to you.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2013, 10:00:59 PM »
This is obviously terribly tragic and its got me wondering about how many more former H&Vers just stopped posting and were presumed to have just got bored but something equally tragic happened to them.

Life really is too short.

Offline TheEgo

• GM : Sept, 2013
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2013, 11:36:32 PM »
Hello there all, my name is Dom, I’m one of Mark’s closest friends – we sat next to each other at Villa.  Thank you all on behalf of Mark's family for all of the kind comments.
The funeral is on Monday 22nd July 12 Noon at St Mary’s Church Oldswinford and the burial is at Stourbridge Crematorium  at 1.15 for anyone that wants to attend.
I have written a piece on the last few months of Mark’s life (entitled Fast Eddie’s Last Stand) [/i] in my weekly column Lowlife, please see the link below if you would like to read it:-
http://dominichorton.blogspot.co.uk/
Mark requested that Villa fans wear Villa ties at the funeral if you have one – if not any club tie will do or any non-black tie.  Up the Villa.

Cries.

What a beautifully written tribute. Brought me to tears. You did your friend proud. My sincere condolences to you and all his family and friends. Rest easy Mark...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal