collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eris Kismet and the Promised Land  (Read 6701 times)

Offline sonlyme

Eris Kismet and the Promised Land
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:10 AM »
And so - our behemoth Benteke has asked for a transfer - it is sad -  but you cannot keep an unhappy player.  I have no doubt the shiny suits of Chelsea and Tottenham even Man Citeh have been busy over the last months.

Like an idiot I am finding it hard to believe.   I keep thinking - doesn't the kid know we love him?  Maybe it's a negotiating ploy.

But it cannot be a negotiating ploy.  Villa were ready to offer Benteke their top package.  It can only be greed - sorry - ambition as Gareth Southgate would call it.  It's a shitter.  A real shitter. It feels like someone's died.

Benteke has has plenty of time to think this over - he feels nothing for the club - he wants his glamour move - prompted  by his agent Mr Eris Kismet.

http://www.lavenir.net/sports/cnt/DMF20130201_00262815

The lovely Eris

Now Eris needs some examining.  He wasn't a player.  Wasn't connected in any way with football.  He was in fact a teacher.  But he was a teacher who wanted to be an agent.  So he spent five years trawling around kids soccer - giving out his card - and earning nothing.  Today he has a mighty empire of ..... five clients.  Four unknowns and Christian Benteke. 

He has been in Benteke's ear since Benteke was a little kid.  He makes a great deal over the fact they come from the same town.

Kismet was very happy when Benteke came to Villa's attention - feeling that at last he would get his place in the sun.  Kismet has said that he felt he arrived when Villa sent a private jet to pick him and Benteke up and bring them over to negotiate a contract.

He felt that Villa had brought some humanity to football - and was happy that Christian was going to get to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League.

Eris might be small fry but he has one big fish - Benteke - and Eris wants only the best for 'his' player.  He is unlike most other agents in that Eris likes limelight.  Google his name and search images.  About five turn up - and in three of them it is a players photo - but Eris has slid in there.

That shirt looks big enough for Eris.

Happy to be in shot. The smiling agent - always looking to raise his profile.

Eris is not short of giving out his opinion to whoever will listen - drawing from his vast experience of er.... vastness.  But it is when talking of agents to a seminar of amateurs that he reveals something.

"Initially, I was proud to be a FIFA manager to have a recognized worldwide license. But now, when I introduce myself as a players' agent, I'm embarrassed. It is very misunderstood, and rightly so. It is not a world of sharks, it's worse. With a shark, you know what to expect. With an agent, it can still be a surprise. "

Yes it can Eris.  Indeed it can.

The dream of playing in the Premier League must have been replaced then.  I wait with interest to see the reason they invent for wanting away from Villa - because Eris likes to have a reason, a case, it means he can talk to the press - which he likes very much.

Farewell then Christian Benteke - we loved you - but you didn't give a shit about us. Your dream it seems is not enough - a new promised land beckons - wealth beyond reason - the top table - all that jazz - it is only now that I find myself beginning to hope that you are in fact - the new Emile Heskey - one dazzling season followed by decades of well paid mediocrity.

And FU Eris.  The promised land for you consists of a number of concentric descending circles - you will be in the one below estate agents and tabloid journalists.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Eris Kismet and the Promised Land
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
We already have a Benteke thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal