collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Traditional Villa  (Read 15956 times)

Offline warleyboy

Traditional Villa
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
I spent last week up Carlisle with the wife's family and during a family gathering, and a few beers, we ended up chatting footy business....

There were a couple of Carlisle lads, a manc red, Geordie and Mackem.
And although the chat got a bit heated towards the end, I was pleasantly suprised on how they saw our great club.
They all seemed to agree that Benteke was to good for us, but praised our youth academy, Lambo's vision, but most of all loved coming to villa park as they said it had kept that old traditional feel to the stadium and ground.

Which got me pondering, is this a good or bad thing, yes, it is good to know that maybe we are appreciated across the land, but do other teams players actually enjoy playing at our great stadium with no fear....

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Traditional Villa
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »
I'd have stopped listening at 'Benteke is too good for us'. Cheeky bastards.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »
Phil Neville's favourite ground was VP cos it was quaint, cute and a comfy three points.

Offline nigel

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:00:29 PM »
I'd have stopped listening at 'Benteke is too good for us'. Cheeky bastards.

This

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 07:02:34 PM »
Phil Neville's favourite ground was VP cos it was quaint, cute and a comfy three points.

Every footballer seems to say that. Every season I notice players say the favourite away ground is either FUuham or Villa.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »
I doubt if any Sunderland player would agree.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »
I've lived away from Brum for over 20 years now and fans from others clubs always have good words to say about Villa Park. A lot of people like the traditional 4 individual stands as opposed to the all round bowl style with corners that is more common these days.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:17 PM »
I've lived away from Brum for over 20 years now and fans from others clubs always have good words to say about Villa Park. A lot of people like the traditional 4 individual stands as opposed to the all round bowl style with corners that is more common these days.

This for me - not many fans of any club say anything other than complimentary things. As one exclied Hammers fan here said to me often enough 'Villa Park! That's a proper football ground'

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 08:42:10 PM »
This is the thing that struck me, surely if all fans enjoy coming to VP, then the players must as well.
Me personally, I want em coming and thinking, tough game, tough fans and food tastes like shite, not looking forward to it......

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »
This is the thing that struck me, surely if all fans enjoy coming to VP, then the players must as well.
Me personally, I want em coming and thinking, tough game, tough fans and food tastes like shite, not looking forward to it......

Why do you want supporters to be treated badly?

Offline warleyboy

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:04:03 PM »

More about the players than the fans Dave, wouldn't it be great to have teams thinking, shit, villa next game, hate it there, tough ground to go to.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 09:17:43 PM »
Warley.....and it could be next season if Benteke stays.

Im just glad our reputation has been enhanced since the bad old days of McLeish when our type and style of footy was plain embarrassing

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »

More about the players than the fans Dave, wouldn't it be great to have teams thinking, shit, villa next game, hate it there, tough ground to go to.

Fair does. They'll always like it though. In fact, that's one of the reasons why we have such a bad home record. Everything about the place screams class and makes players think they want to play well here. The surroundings are too good for the team - it's a bit like Anfield in that respect.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 09:50:53 PM »
We need to revamp the away dressing room to look like that bathroom out of Train Spotting.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 10:11:38 PM »
The day we start rationing the hot water in the away dressing rooms and making the walk to Witton station like a violent rat-run is the day Villa stops being Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal