collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 11:43:49 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 11:41:37 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs AFC Bournemouth Pre-Match Thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:40:07 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:39:58 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:28:19 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:22:15 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by mrfuse
[Today at 11:16:17 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:14:52 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sad, sad, sad  (Read 45297 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Sad, sad, sad
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
His stupidity stems from his bitterness over 81. It explains why all Albion fans are thick.

Offline Jeff Green

« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »
"Our talking point this morning is George Best, his liver transplant and the booze culture in football. Don't forget, the best caller wins a crate of John Smith's bitter." - Alan Brazil, TalkSport radio host.

Well, I for one can't think of anything better than a crate of John Smith's bitter to help you quit drinking alcohol.

;D

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Is this what people were on about? Didn't hear the interview as I don't listen to Talkshite.

You have to question the ethics of such journalism.

They certainly must have known he was going to embarrass himself.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2013, 05:10:04 PM »
"Our talking point this morning is George Best, his liver transplant and the booze culture in football. Don't forget, the best caller wins a crate of John Smith's bitter." - Alan Brazil, TalkSport radio host.

Well, I for one can't think of anything better than a crate of John Smith's bitter to help you quit drinking alcohol.

;D

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Is this what people were on about? Didn't hear the interview as I don't listen to Talkshite.

He's on the phone in another country. How do they know what state he's in?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2013, 05:11:04 PM »
How on Earth would they? He's been interviewed before and been fine.

Offline Jeff Green

« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »

;D

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I just assumed that they phoned him up and had him waiting on the line, so they could go to him straight away.

I thought they would use call-screening and would have spoken to him beforehand and known.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2013, 05:40:18 PM »

;D

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I just assumed that they phoned him up and had him waiting on the line, so they could go to him straight away.

I thought they would use call-screening and would have spoken to him beforehand and known.

Some researcher would have rung him and said "You're on in five minutes" or however long. You can't judge someone's sobriety in two words.   

Offline Jeff Green

« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »

;D

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Some researcher would have rung him and said "You're on in five minutes" or however long. You can't judge someone's sobriety in two words.

Perhaps I am a bit too protective of the big fellah.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »
It's not about being protective. He has a problem, but it seems that he can't accept it.

Offline Jeff Green

« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2013, 06:08:29 PM »
It's not about being protective. He has a problem, but it seems that he can't accept it.

Isn't that what "interventions" are about, where your friends all turn up and tell you straight that you have a problem?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »

Isn't that what "interventions" are about, where your friends all turn up and tell you straight that you have a problem?

We've said all through this thread though that you can't help someone who won't help themself.

Offline Jeff Green

« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »

We've said all through this thread though that you can't help someone who won't help themself.

Oh how I wish that that wasn't true.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:33:31 PM by Jeff Green »

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2013, 09:02:48 PM »
On Twitter now, seems like he's had a few.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
On Twitter now, seems like he's had a few.

It doesn't look good.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2013, 09:56:36 PM »
My brother-in-law took early retirement a couple of years ago from Dublin County Council and now spends his time as a taxi driver.  A couple of weeks ago he collected Paul McGrath from a gig at Setanta and took him to his Dublin residence a journey of about 25-30 minutes.  Now, my brother-in-law is not too much into football but is a gregarious character and engaged Paul in conversation mainly about addiction and alcoholism.  He told me that Paul recognises his problems but is sometimes (as we all know) powerless to do anything about it.  One of the main problems being the willingness of people to buy him drinks.

Anyhow, the real reason for posting this is just for balance and that, he said that Paul looked well and seemed in full control of himself.  I mentioned this to Dave Woodhall as I was leaving the H&V soiree last Friday and Dave said to me " this is something that never gets reported and people never hear about."  So Dave, there you go, your are dead right so I thought I'd let the folks know.  May his recovery continue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal