collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Academy aces Drennan, Burke and Carruthers sign new deals  (Read 5871 times)

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: Academy aces Drennan, Burke and Carruthers sign new deals
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 09:34:43 AM »
As I recall it was for something minor like his mobile going off during a squad meeting.

Lambert had banned mobile phones from the training ground. Not entirely trivial, getting on the new manager's tits.

Who would do something like that to hinder a young creative midfielders players career? Who would even know to call the phone at that very moment? I guess we will never know.

what unbelievable lucky lucky boy ??!!!

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 01:12:30 PM »
As I recall it was for something minor like his mobile going off during a squad meeting.

Lambert had banned mobile phones from the training ground. Not entirely trivial, getting on the new manager's tits.

Who would do something like that to hinder a young creative midfielders players career? Who would even know to call the phone at that very moment? I guess we will never know.

what unbelievable lucky lucky boy ??!!!

That is some skill - multi million pound footballer yet still dresses like a person who is homeless

Scruffy bugger

Offline jwarry

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 10:01:34 PM »
Just been catching up with the AVTV videos around these three.  Burkee doesn't seem to have a lot between the ears, Drennan a bit of a rabbit in headlights, but Carruthers oozes self confidence.  Real touch of the Beckhams about him.  When asked who he aspires to be he says no one, wants to be Carruthers. Can see why he was captain in next gen.  Not seen enough to know if he has the ability but he sure has the attitude

Offline supertom

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
Just been catching up with the AVTV videos around these three.  Burkee doesn't seem to have a lot between the ears, Drennan a bit of a rabbit in headlights, but Carruthers oozes self confidence.  Real touch of the Beckhams about him.  When asked who he aspires to be he says no one, wants to be Carruthers. Can see why he was captain in next gen.  Not seen enough to know if he has the ability but he sure has the attitude

When he got the ball against Luton he looked good, but he spent too much of his time missing. I admire his arrogance to a point but he probably has to work harder, or he may fall by the wayside like Bannan. He's undoubtedly got ability though.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Grealish and Robinson too it must be said. Both look very promising. Johnson impresses me too. Reminds me a lot of Anderson. Okay, Andersons not fantastic, but he's a good player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal