collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Surprise Player  (Read 14637 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Surprise Player
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2013, 07:27:45 PM »
On the subject of Bennett, he suggests on his Twitter account that he suffers from anxiety. From someone who has suffered from this, I know how debilitating it can be. Hopefully he is getting help dealing with that. I do think he will come good.
I agree on all your points.

Offline regular_john

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »
On the subject of Bennett, he suggests on his Twitter account that he suffers from anxiety. From someone who has suffered from this, I know how debilitating it can be. Hopefully he is getting help dealing with that. I do think he will come good.

Heard several comments in the past about him visibly 'shaking like a leaf' when he's gotten stick from the fans at VT, so maybe there's something to it. There's no reason someone should be immune from such a common condition as anxiety just because they happen to be a footballer.

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »

Heard several comments in the past about him visibly 'shaking like a leaf' when he's gotten stick from the fans at VT, so maybe there's something to it. There's no reason someone should be immune from such a common condition as anxiety just because they happen to be a footballer.

Sounds like a job for Steve Peters.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »
I'd like it to be Samir Carruthers.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »

Sounds like a job for Steve Peters.
Now, if we could get him to work with us I'm sure we'd improve.

KEA will come good and surprise a few people next season - thus creating a bit of a selection headache for PL, with GG, Bacuna, Tonev, Sylla, Delph and Westie all playing well!

Offline levico

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
No more suggestions, it will spoil the surprise

Offline peter w

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 08:39:27 PM »
Not really a surprise, but I am going Delph on this thread too... I chose him as the most likely scapegoat if his firm dips, but equally if it doesn't and he kicks on I think he could make the world cup.

I was just about to say Delph. If he gives us a full season the way he played the last 2 months or so, then he'll be pushing for England recognition. Over the summer he needs to work on his finishing, his right-foot, and certainly his decision making. When he was playing well he made some good surging runs drifting passed people, but because he's runs were made centrally when it came to him needing to shoot he'd be too central to hit it with his left. He didn't trust his right so instead of looking to lay it off simply to the right, he'd immediately try to check back onto his left to get a shot away. Sometimes he would retain possession andget the pass away it was always down the left hand side because of his initial mindset of just shooting, then when you see the opportunity closing, look for the right pass before he's struggling to do it.

Work hard on that - and where he should start making his runs from - and he could be a very good player for us.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
I'll stick my neck out on this one and say KEA

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 09:46:55 PM »
Great to see so many different people being mentioned, realyl excited about the coming season. Looking forward to seeing us continue to progress, have to say Okore hopefully will be the surprise player for the whole premiership

Offline ez

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 09:48:48 PM »
Bowery.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »
Carruthers for me. He has fantastic potential and should have played more in the first eleven last season, in my view.

Offline spk

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »
Benteke,he will knock 30 plus in,we know he is good ,but he will move to another level

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2013, 10:17:39 PM »
Weinmann  for me, think he will score 20 plus next season

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2013, 10:23:58 PM »
I think that if Delph gets an early goal he can get into double figures, and turn into the midfield general we've lacked since Andy Townsend.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »
Delph certainly showed at Leeds he has a goal or two in him, have to say double figures is asking a lot, especially if he is alongside Westood in the middle. Could he do the attacking midfield role?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal