collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scapegoat  (Read 15874 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Scapegoat
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2013, 06:10:53 PM »
I understand scapegoat to mean somebody who is singled out for unmerited criticism. Therefore all the names so far mentioned means they must have had some merit and did not deserve the harsh treatment meted out to them by some fans.
Next season, when I single out  (..............) for attention it will not be as a scapegoat but because " Your a pile of useless shite who isn't fit to wear the shirt and should ashamed to be picking up your wages ! We would be better off with ten men you effin liability ! Get him off the pitch Lambert ! "           
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:24:47 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline dcdavecollett

Re: Scapegoat
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2013, 09:35:16 PM »
I was actually at the Sty when Geoff got his second-half hat-trick. Small Heath had a brilliant attacking team in tose days, though the 'keeper and defence were crap so Stan Cullis couldn't take them up.

Geoff never got any stick from the fans when he first came here in March 1971 but when we hit a bad spell the following season, with Vowden being played out of position, he copped a lot of crap from sections of the crowd.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal