collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players Respect Lambert  (Read 19269 times)

Offline old man villa fan

Re: Players Respect Lambert
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2013, 09:13:28 PM »

What a great photograph.  The look of sense of achievement in Mortimer's face.  Two honest men of football.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
I'm sure there was a point to all that.

A parodic point, I venture to suggest.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
Nice photo choices.  I especially enjoyed the Stephen Ireland one.  Thanks for making the effort.

I don't know why you are so angry about this thread but my point isn't that footballers make all the right noises when interviewed - because obviously they all do.  My point is that Lambert wants to change the whole philosophy of our club - the type of people it wants there - and the type of attitude they have.

The respect part of the title is just one clue.  I think what has happened with Benteke is exactly what Lambert does not want.  It is the antithesis of what he wants.  So if I see quotes about our manager that shed light on his personality and philosophy - I may well post them here - because I think he is changing our club.

I contend that Lambert is not like any manager we have had for 35 to 40 years.  His philosophy of effort, improvement, and team work may look like it comes from the modern German system - but surely we know better - we had something similar round Aston way in the late 1970's. 

That is what is intriguing me.

I think Lambert is making some radical changes to the way Aston Villa operate.  We can see this not only in who he brings in - but also who is gets rid of.  To confuse the change that is occurring at Villa with simple player PR is to fail to look beyond the words.

Alex Ferguson - Jose Mourinho - these men are winners - and I think we have something similar in Paul Lambert.  A team ethic built on honesty - courage - putting your team first - hard work - improvement - and a never say die attitude.

Lambert may well simply say - 'We pick ourselves up and we go again' but behind those seemingly straightforward words lies a total philosophy - not just about how to play football the right way - but also about how to live your life the right way.  For young men - in a world awash with money and temptation such stability must be a blessing. 

Lambert's way is the respectful way - and I think Aston Villa will improve because of it.

And if I see articles of interest around this topic - I may well post them here - pictures and all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal