collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brad Friedel AMA  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Brad Friedel AMA
« on: June 19, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »
Currently doing one on Reddit, here: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1gnrgq/i_am_brad_friedel_professional_football_soccer/

Just answered my questions regarding Villa which I'm chuffed about.

Offline Chipsticks

Re: Brad Friedel AMA
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
My questions and his answers, for anyone interested.

What was Martin O'Neill like to work with? I've heard he could be a bit dictatorial and unpopular due to playing favourites, but also that he is an inspiration.

I really enjoyed playing for Martin O'Neill. He has one of the best characteristics that is needed to be a manager, and that is thoughts are his own and no one can change his mind on them. He was a leader and he was very good to work for. You always knew where you stood.

What is your opinion on Brad Guzan? Initially signed as your understudy, what was he like to be around, and did you work closely with him? Did you feel guilty taking his spot in goal for the Carling Cup Final in 2010 that he had arguably earned?

Brad Guzan is an outstanding goalkeeper. The US and Aston Villa should be very happy to have him. When Tim Howard decides to retire, in my opinion, the US can easily count on Brad Guzan to continue with the great work that Tim has provided for the US team for the past few years. Also, I think Aston Villa will get equally as good service from Brad for as long as Brad can keep himself fit. He is an exceptional professional and a great teammate.

Did you enjoy your time at Villa overall? We loved you while you were here and still hold you in high regard

I really enjoyed my time at Aston Villa. Randy Lerner is an exceptional owner and he has Villa in his heart and the club is run the right way. I know the last two seasons haven't gone according to what a lot of the supporters expect, however knowing the ownership group they will get it right. And I hold Villa in high regard as well.

Offline Ghost of Pongo Waring

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
That was very interesting. Noticed he dodged the question about him taking Guzans place in the final but thats understandabe.

Thanks Chipsticks

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »
How's his debts?

Offline danlanza

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »
How's his debts?
Debt's ? Surely not ?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »
Didn't he put a load of cash into something in America, a soccer school, or something and it went bust and cost him millions?

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »
Yeah he became bankrupt after his youth academy failed, he was something like £5 million in debt whilst playing for us if I remember right. I was tempted to ask him about that but didn't know if it would annoy him. Only really interested in things Villa-related anyway.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 08:57:09 PM »
I read that AMA earlier, I didn't look at your user name but upvoted your comment.

Brad as always comes across as a classy guy

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 09:33:19 PM »
I read that AMA earlier, I didn't look at your user name but upvoted your comment.

Brad as always comes across as a classy guy

Small world; wonder how many other redditors are on here.

Yeah I thought he did a really good job today, gave in-depth answers to all those who asked for one, and generally came across as professional and kind-hearted.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:08 PM »
I've heard of reddit but didn't realise you could have serious conversations on it.

:D

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 11:03:55 PM »
There is a serious lack of football stuff on Reddit. It's a fascinating community though.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »
I'd only heard of it when one of the papers (the Daily Mail I think) was on it's high horse about reddit/gone wild.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
I always assumed reddit was just a punchline to a library joke.

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:20 PM »
There is a serious lack of football stuff on Reddit. It's a fascinating community though.

The Soccer sub-reddit's pretty good, albeit dominated by American Liverpool and Arsenal fans. There's a sub-reddit for Villa aswell, r/avfc, but despite a lot of readers not much gets posted.

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 11:20:06 PM »
I'd only heard of it when one of the papers (the Daily Mail I think) was on it's high horse about reddit/gone wild.

Made the news for a lot of cool things recently, with Barack Obama and Bryan Cranston both doing AMA's which were pretty cool. I mostly use it for news and the odd interesting personal story.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal