collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: First Annual North American Villans Meet-up (Aston Villa FC)  (Read 9006 times)

Offline freethinker

Re: First Annual North American Villans Meet-up (Aston Villa FC)
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »
I was in a bar in New York a few years ago watching one of our games with the New York Lions. One thing i did find strange was that they applauded every time we got a corner.

What did they do when we conceded a corner? Cover their faces? Start praying?

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 09:21:33 PM »
Would love to go to Chicago, as much to watch Da Bears as anything. Have fun guys.

If you go in the summer you should go to Wrigley Field too, a great piece of American tradition right there even if you know nothing about baseball, just sit in the stands and enjoy the beers!

I think that "knowing nothing about baseball" is the best state in which to watch the Cubs

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 09:54:26 PM »
Would love to go to Chicago, as much to watch Da Bears as anything. Have fun guys.

If you go in the summer you should go to Wrigley Field too, a great piece of American tradition right there even if you know nothing about baseball, just sit in the stands and enjoy the beers!

I think that "knowing nothing about baseball" is the best state in which to watch the Cubs

Can't help but agree with you there - next year is ours!

Offline steamer

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 03:09:44 PM »
Hi guys,
I am looking for some advice.
I am visiting the states for two weeks in October, it will be my wifes 1st visit. Our intention is to travel through New England and experience the Fall.
We will spend 4 nights in New York, the intention is to catch a train to get out of NY to Brattelbro. There pick up a car and travel on to the White Mountains.
Not sure how many nights to spend in the area, we want to travel back South (bypassing Boston) to Cape Cod and Marthas Vineyard.
From the travel guides that seems to be the most vibey area in the region and my thoughts are that we should maximise our time there.
What about Portland, is it worth having a stop over there before going South ?
Can you catch a train from M.Vineyard back to NY ?
As locals any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
P.M Me if you can help.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »

Also where Da Bears played the majority of their games, more than Soldier Field.

Offline Culture

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »
Steamer,

Reading your post here, i'm down in Providence, but i would swap a night in Portsmouth NH instead of Portland. Great town, fantastic sea food great pubs-try the Coat of Arms ran by some Black Country boys.
Cape Cod is fun but everything shuts down at the end of the season. And there is no train from MV back too NYC!

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »
Is this Portland on the West Coast?

Offline Culture

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 01:11:28 AM »
Portland Maine, 2hrs north of Boston.

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »
Hi guys,
I am looking for some advice.
I am visiting the states for two weeks in October, it will be my wifes 1st visit. Our intention is to travel through New England and experience the Fall.
We will spend 4 nights in New York, the intention is to catch a train to get out of NY to Brattelbro. There pick up a car and travel on to the White Mountains.
Not sure how many nights to spend in the area, we want to travel back South (bypassing Boston) to Cape Cod and Marthas Vineyard.
From the travel guides that seems to be the most vibey area in the region and my thoughts are that we should maximise our time there.
What about Portland, is it worth having a stop over there before going South ?
Can you catch a train from M.Vineyard back to NY ?
As locals any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
P.M Me if you can help.

I wouldnt bypass Boston - great City and good for 2 or 3 days visit. Cambridge nearby worth a visit (home of Harvard).

Offline steamer

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 01:00:12 AM »
Thanks Culture, I saw Portsmouth as a good place in the guides, how do you get back to NY from M.V is it from Rhode Island ?
Thanks again for your advice, what are your thoughts on the white mountains leg, I really fancied it at first but have not been grabbed by any of the guides.
It seems very hiking, etc . Great for a day or so but not for so long with many other options.

Offline Culture

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »
Steamer, yes the White Mountains is really for hiking/skiing and once you move too north your in deliverance country. Portsmouth is a great base camp if your planning on a few days with Portland and all the mountains about an hrs drive away. MV ferries go from Rhode Island or the Cape and the train back to NY from Providence is pretty simple. Any thing else let me know.

Offline steamer

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »
Thanks for that, if you don't mind I will send a couple of questions over the weekend, Thanks

Offline Culture

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 02:06:33 AM »
Steamer,

Was you after more information??

Offline steamer

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 07:23:23 AM »
Hi Culture,
I am looking for some more advice.
I have been battling with my internet connection, let me draw up a mail over the weekend. If you do not mind I will P.M you rather than through the forum.
Steamer

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 09:50:03 AM »
Hey Mods........... isn't planning to bypass Boston and instant banning offence ?

If not, it should be

Since you have a hire vehicle, you really should "pahk yah cah in hahvahd yahd".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal