collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Top 50 Football Brands  (Read 9477 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: The Top 50 Football Brands
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »
Celtic pay Championship/lower Premier League wages which will always hamper their progress in Europe.

What are the methods of calculating the brand value? West Ham, despite decent support and strong traditions, have been a yoyo club for the last few years.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 12:20:34 PM »
In fairness I'd have Celtic up there in the top 10 really

Celtic are limited by the piss poor league they play in.
hear you. But we're talking about brand awareness. Pretty much every paddy you bump into overseas and there's a lot of them is either Celtic Liverpool or united , mostly celtic though in my experience.  Honestly I'd put the Celtic 'brand' way bigger than west ham spurs or us. Maybe they've slipped. Bit the last few years, but still huge international recogniton.

But that's just Ireland.  The global nature of the PL means that teams in it have the sort of exposure Celtic never will.

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 12:24:17 PM »
Do you think celtics lower ranking is also due to rangers' demise? Since there no old firm games at the moment, the few games a year that might attract a wider audience just don't happen any more

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
While I don't agree Celtic should be anywhere near the top 10, I also don't see how they are a less valuable brand than Fulham or Stoke. Or are they basically just going by money earnt in a season?
i can only go on what I've seen - when you're abroad everybody has heard of Celtic, not that many people know of villa. I don't like it and always try to bang the drum for us, but that's my experience of it.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 12:28:52 PM »
Celtic pay Championship/lower Premier League wages which will always hamper their progress in Europe.

What are the methods of calculating the brand value? West Ham, despite decent support and strong traditions, have been a yoyo club for the last few years.

You might be sorry you asked, Eamonn:

GobbledyGook

Explanation of the methodology

The methodology employed in the BrandFinance® Global 500 uses a discounted cash flow (DCF) technique to discount estimated future royalties, at an appropriate discount rate, to arrive at a net present value (NPV) of the trademark and associated intellectual property: the brand value.

Five Steps - Royalty Relief Valuation

1. Determine forecast revenues

Determine future revenues attributable to the brand over a five year explicit forecast period. This is done by referencing historic trends, market growth estimates, competitive forces, analyst projections and company forecasts.

2. Assess the Brand Strength

Determine the strength of the brand using the ßrandßeta® Index.

3. Establish Royalty Rate

Review comparable licensing agreements. Analyse margins and value drivers. Establish average royalty rate range for relevant sector. Apply ßrandßeta® Index to royalty rate range to determine royalty rate for the brand.

4. Determine the Discount Rate

Determine discount rate to calculate the net present value (‘NPV’) of future brand earnings (accounting for the time value of money and the associated risk).

5. Brand Valuation Calculation

The NPV of post-tax royalties equals the brand value.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:32 PM »
So basically it's how much they could get per sponsorship.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:37 PM »
With reports like this is almost entirely based on global exposure.  Looked at from that point of view Celtic are quite generously rated because who is going to watch them on TV in the mass of highly competitive fixtures they play?

I'd say the key requirements to move up this list are:

Have a star player people want to watch (benteke)
Get on TV a lot by being exciting for Neutrals (we've go this in the bag after last year)
Be at least reasonably successful (hopefully we can add this bit)

The main purpose this serves is in generating revenue from sponsors who will want to go with the highest placed sides they can afford.  If we can break into the top 20 of this list the 'value' to the club would be huge.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »
We are not a brand, we are a football club with supporters, not customers.

Offline midnite

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 02:45:50 PM »
At this day in age you need to have a good strong brand to continue to be a successful football team. Sport is a business with supporters being the consumer.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 02:52:04 PM »
Plus West Spam were on the tele far too much last season at £880,000 a game.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 02:57:38 PM »
At this day in age you need to have a good strong brand to continue to be a successful football team. Sport is a business with supporters being the consumer.

This may be true but reading the above makes me never want to watch a game of football again.

Words that shold never be used in the same sentence as "football":

Brand
Consumer
Product
Business
Profit
Revenues
Cock
Piss
Partridge

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 03:00:03 PM »

This may be true but reading the above makes me never want to watch a game of football again.

Brand
Consumer
Product
Business
Profit
Revenues
Cock
Piss
Partridge

You forgot 'McLeish'.

Offline midnite

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »

Brand
Consumer
Product
Business
Profit
Revenues
Cock
Piss
Partridge

You forgot 'McLeish'.

Too tue ha! Ha! But until the bubble bursts its only going to get worse.

How long will it be before a football club becomes a fashion brand like say the New York Yankees? You have people walking around wearing their logo on baseball caps not because they support the team but because its a fashion label like diesel or CK.

Offline regular_john

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 03:47:47 PM »
Apparently we're worth 10% of Bayern Munich. Looks like we have some catching up to do!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 04:17:35 PM »

I think that Karen Brady gives them extra glamour and sophistication, probably pushed them up a good few notches

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal