collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dr T has pulled the trigger  (Read 108627 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Dr T has pulled the trigger
« Reply #1200 on: October 04, 2016, 12:26:05 PM »
presumably, the Cotterill story is a wind-up too? Please say it is?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #1201 on: October 04, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »
Think the TS return is simply to wind the bulk of the fans up.

Read that a couple of neanderthal ex-players Mills and Savage seem to think Bruce wont be allowed to come because of his Birmingham connections ala Mcleish. No boys, it's because he was shite and proved it. The rest is media myth that perpetuates because of lack of interest in "ordinary" news.

Course it is, they need people to call in

Wonder if Cascarino fancies it?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1202 on: October 07, 2016, 01:34:15 AM »
I feel Bruce is a good fit for the Villa right now, however at the first blip it will be  Bruce Bluenose this and fat spud head the next - he hasn't a hope in hell of succeeding - Villa fans far to fickle in support of  players and managers.

Allardyce - would take him here and now.  Absolute no starter due to outside factors.

Gary Johnson - never managed a big club and we need an experienced head  right now.

Pearson - non starter.

Dyche - no prospects we would get him and again never managed a big club.

Dean Smith  - would have him big club experience or not, if I was Dean Smith I would however bind my time and sack the idea off, on a hiding to nothing.

Sherwood - makes me laugh, if RDM had no suitable experience then Sherwood lacks that and a lot more including bad judgement in player recruitment and poor back room investment.

Moyes was and am an admirer.  He is the Ron Saunders in the making.  Remember Saunders failed at Man City before joining us.  Is able to get average teams  playing  and his football is not as dire as people make out.  Plus Steve Round was his assistant for sometime. 

I  would still have given RDM more time but who am I other than a fanatical supporter like 30,000 others who are regulars at Villa Park and some aways.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #1203 on: October 07, 2016, 07:25:03 AM »
I feel Bruce is a good fit for the Villa right now, however at the first blip it will be  Bruce Bluenose this and fat spud head the next - he hasn't a hope in hell of succeeding - Villa fans far to fickle in support of  players and managers.

Absolute bollocks! Villa fans being percieved as fickle is what lazy journalists and Blues fans trot out, McLeish was given support throughout his tenure right up until the Bolton game even though the majority didn't want him in the first place, thats not fickle, its blind loyalty if anything. Same with Lambert, Sherwood, Garde etc even when they were recieving pelters on here, the support in the stands was still there.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1204 on: October 07, 2016, 07:47:23 AM »

Absolute bollocks! Villa fans being percieved as fickle is what lazy journalists and Blues fans trot out, McLeish was given support throughout his tenure right up until the Bolton game even though the majority didn't want him in the first place, thats not fickle, its blind loyalty if anything. Same with Lambert, Sherwood, Garde etc even when they were recieving pelters on here, the support in the stands was still there.

Come off it, have you never been on a match thread?

All football fans are fickle, it's in our nature, it can't be helped.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #1205 on: October 07, 2016, 07:49:23 AM »

Come off it, have you never been on a match thread?

All football fans are fickle, it's in our nature, it can't be helped.

Read my last sentence.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1206 on: October 07, 2016, 07:57:15 AM »
Yeah ok, same happen in the stands though. A player will get slated then he scores, he's cheered.
A manager makes a substitution, he's slated, player scores. It happens all the time. We're all guilty at times, not just Villa fans either.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #1207 on: October 07, 2016, 08:15:32 AM »
Yeah ok, same happen in the stands though. A player will get slated then he scores, he's cheered.
A manager makes a substitution, he's slated, player scores. It happens all the time. We're all guilty at times, not just Villa fans either.

We may be fickle but we know irony when we see it - remember when we were booing them on and booing them off - in the back of the Holte we were always laughing about cheering a good pass and then booing when they got it back.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1208 on: October 07, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »
Ian I think you're missing the important bit, the original post specifically stated 'villa fans are far to fickle'.  That is entirely unfair because it suggests that fans of other clubs are less so which is wrong sports fans in general are fickle because they're passionate and that leads to flash judgments which are sometimes proven wrong.  Ever since the line from DOL fickle has been used as an insult aimed at villa fans to score cheap banter points and that's not something we should further inflict on ourselves.  If Bruce comes in and doesn't start well he'll get booed fairly quickly.  That won't be because the fans are fickle, it'll be because the fans don't like him but have tried, for however long, to give him a chance.

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #1209 on: October 07, 2016, 02:49:14 PM »
presumably, the Cotterill story is a wind-up too? Please say it is?

Please God say it is! That really would be the end of Aston Villa.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1210 on: October 07, 2016, 03:26:46 PM »
It started with Sky, and had a handy link to their in-house betting markets.

The Birmingham Mail just did a copy and paste job, because that -and gormless videos of gormless Gregg- is journalism ver.2016 according to the Mail.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal