collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Antonio Manuel Luna Rodríguez  (Read 88431 times)

Offline sonlyme

Antonio Manuel Luna Rodríguez
« on: June 16, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
Here's an interesting link for all you Joe Bennett doubters.  A left back - represented Spain at U16 - U18 - U20 - and U21.  22 years old.  Loaned out to Mallorca last season.  Fits the profile.

Read more http://avillafan.com/site/6329/fee-agreed-for-antonio-luna-spanish-media/

Online kipeye

• GM : PCM
Re: Antonio Manuel Luna Rodríguez
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »
Here's an interesting link for all you Joe Bennett doubters.  A left back - represented Spain at U16 - U18 - U20 - and U21.  22 years old.  Loaned out to Mallorca last season.  Fits the profile.

Read more http://avillafan.com/site/6329/fee-agreed-for-antonio-luna-spanish-media/
Think I will just have 'Luna' on the shirt-it should save a few quid.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »
Welcome to the Villa, Tony Moon!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 03:55:10 PM »
It's not definite yet, so let's leave this thread until then.

Offline eastie

Luna deal completed!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »
@thegoalzone: Villa have signed Sevilla left back Antonio Luna on a three-year deal #avfc

@MatKendrick: Pleased to meteor: Antonia Luna joins Aston Villa from Sevilla on a 3-year deal #avfc

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019

Offline eastie

Re: Luna deal completed!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »

Antonio Luna is relishing the prospect of becoming the latest in an impressive line of Spanish imports to compete in the Barclays Premier League having completed a move from La Liga's Sevilla.

The 22-year-old left-sided full back has agreed a three-year deal to 2016 and acknowledged that the history and traditions of

Villa combined with the exciting potential inherent in the youthful, aspiring squad assembled by manager Paul Lambert were determining factors in his decision.

"I've always believed that I could play in the Premier League and to have this opportunity with a club as historic and huge as Aston Villa and with a manager who is building a squad of young players with great prospects is tremendously exciting for me," Luna said.

"I really can't wait to get started and to play my first game. I have a great expectation coming here.

"The manager explained to me that it is a young squad but also one with good experience and everyone is hungry, everybody wants to succeed here. This is perfect because I am keen to make progress myself and I want to be part of this.

"My background will help me and I will use all this experience to help the team. I know the mentality here and we will all work hard as players, we will all work together to push Aston Villa to the highest level possible.

"Obviously, I have watched Premier League games and I am totally aware of the pace of the game and that the challenge is to constantly be at the maximum and top of your performance.

"There have been many good and great players from Spain who have come here and succeeded and I know I can adapt my game also. The quality of football in La Liga is also respected everywhere and this is why I believe I can do well in the Premier League."

Luna appeared four times for Sevilla last season before going out on loan to Real Mallorca. He came through the Sevilla youth system, making 32 appearances for their B side before graduating to the first team in May 2010.

His first two appearances for Sevilla were both in key games, with his debut coming in the final game of the La Liga season against Almeira in which Sevilla clinched Champions League qualification and his second game coming in the 2-0 victory over Atletico Madrid in the Copa Del Rey final.

He made two appearances for Sevilla in 2010-11 before joining Almeria on loan in January. He made a further 13 league appearances for Almeria. In 2011-12 he returned to Sevilla and played in 14 games in his first full season at the club, scoring one goal against Malaga in a game in which he played on the left wing.

Luna has played for Spain at several age-group levels, most recently making five appearances for the under-20 side, including three at the FIFA under-20 World Cup in Colombia in a Spanish side featuring players such as Isco, Cristian Tello and Oriol Romeu.

Spain were knocked out at the quarter-final stage by eventual winners Brazil who featured current Premier League stars Oscar and Philippe Coutinho.

"Roberto Carlos was my idol growing up, playing in my position for Real Madrid," Luna added.

"I know that a change of culture and environment is something I must now get used to but I'm looking forward to this, I'm looking forward to picking up the language and to experiencing everything of my new environment and culture in a short time."

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 06:33:26 PM »
Good to have a bloke with a beard. Hope he is better though than the last bearded Spaniard who played full back for us. Welcome Mr Luna

Online Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 06:33:31 PM »
Really excited with this one in particular, probably him and Okore have been the most promising of the latest flurry of transfer activity we've had. Represented Spain a few times, which is no mean feat considering the standard of their youth setup right now. Bennett was exploited down that left a fair few times last season, Norwich away springs to mind in particular. Hopefully his distribution will be a little better than what we've seen there for a while aswell. (also he's got a class name, very chant-conducive.) Roll on next season!

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 06:34:21 PM »
I'm over the moon!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »
Welcome Luna Tune.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »
One small step for Villa, one giant step for Antonio.

Welcome to B6. Do us proud son.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 06:38:36 PM »
Obligatory shirt stretching photo.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
Another signing. No messing from PL so far. Better to get them in from the start than last minutes deals.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal