collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We're a happy bunch aren't we  (Read 9907 times)

Online rob_bridge

Re: We're a happy bunch aren't we
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »
Expect a LB - probably Cresswell -and a new young goalie (maybe the lad from Norwich) - then it all depends on Mr Benteke.

Can't believe we haven't signed anyone today yet.  Lambert out.

He's had enough time to get some in. Pre season starts in 3 weeks. What is he playing it?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 03:51:58 PM »
a new young goalie (maybe the lad from Norwich)

We're looking at Jesus so I've heard.

He'll be an expert on crosses

"Nailed on" I`ve heard

Offline Mr Speedy H

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
I said yesterday that this is the best pre-season I've experienced in a long, long time.

Our kits aren't outrageous (a la lime green - although I did like it, you have to admit it was hideous), and we've made three signings already. I personally think these young hungry players are what's going to get us anywhere. As long as we don't suffer any 8-0 hammerings again, that is, the confidence, believe, energy will be second to none in the Premier League.

This new scouting system PL has in place is clearly doing it's job, if you look at some of the players we got last year (Benteke, mainly) then I have massive hope they're doing it again by bringing in players with potential, and bringing them in early. This will hopefully give them a full two months ay Bodymoore with their new colleagues and let them hit the ground running on day one!

Keep it up! I'm a happy Villain.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »
I said yesterday that this is the best pre-season I've experienced in a long, long time.

Our kits aren't outrageous (a la lime green - although I did like it, you have to admit it was hideous), and we've made three signings already. I personally think these young hungry players are what's going to get us anywhere. As long as we don't suffer any 8-0 hammerings again, that is, the confidence, believe, energy will be second to none in the Premier League.

This new scouting system PL has in place is clearly doing it's job, if you look at some of the players we got last year (Benteke, mainly) then I have massive hope they're doing it again by bringing in players with potential, and bringing them in early. This will hopefully give them a full two months ay Bodymoore with their new colleagues and let them hit the ground running on day one!

Keep it up! I'm a happy Villain.

Yep a decent left back and another good goalkeeper as well as offloading the remaining high earners will please me no end.

The Villa buzz is back - I have even persuaded rob_bridge's old man to attend a game at the start of next season (aged 79 as he will be). 1st game he will have been to this century.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 05:05:16 PM »
a new young goalie (maybe the lad from Norwich)

We're looking at Jesus so I've heard.

Did you hear this from Dan?

He's our pet prophet  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal