collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What's your view on Paul Faulkner now?  (Read 25137 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: What's your view on Paul Faulkner now?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 05:21:36 PM »
Benteke leaving will pop the bubble of these last few weeks which is why I have more belief than ever that he will be signed up very soon. I also think the club have gone out of their way to get their business done quickly and I get the impression that much of this is to prove to Benteke that they want to surround him with similar young and energetic talent. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
We may have a squad of more than 12 players for the first time in a decade.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 05:24:31 PM »

Looking at the bench on a match thread is certainly going to be a lot more inspiring

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 05:31:26 PM »
I like the new kit. Never heard of any of the the players we've been linked with. A bit too early to be shooting your load yet, so lets wait till the season starts 

Yawn.

It's my opinion. If you don't like it don't read it.

Your opinion is posted to be argued with. If you're too precious to deal with criticism, then don't post.
I rarely agree with saunders on footballing matters, but just posting "yawn" is hardly a robust or erudite criticism of his position.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »
There is still a significant gap when it comes to football knowledege at the top. 

We're reliant on the manager, on his recommendations, opinions and whims.  As we've seen in the past, that's a risky situation.  Experience teaches us that most managers (not just ours)  are short >medium term fixtures.  There needs to be a longer sustainble strategy coming from the top that doesn't just get ripped up and started again when the current bloke (note specifically talking about Lambert here) departs. 

It's not Faulkner's fault he was appointed by Lerner, but it would be more preferable to have a Chief Exec who knows the game.  His age and a middle management position at MBNA wouldn't -in normal circumstances- qualify him for a job as big as the one he currently occupies.   That said, the longer he is in the role, the more experience he gets.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »
I like the new kit. Never heard of any of the the players we've been linked with. A bit too early to be shooting your load yet, so lets wait till the season starts 

Yawn.

It's my opinion. If you don't like it don't read it.

That's my opinion too, so tough.

And you're very welcome to your yawns.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 05:38:28 PM »
We haven't signed anyone for 10 minutes. Faulkner out!

Bacuna's signed. Panic over.

Faulkner in!

See you in an hour if we haven't signed another one. North Stand car park. Bring your bedsheet.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:40:07 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 05:44:27 PM »
We haven't signed anyone for 10 minutes. Faulkner out!

Bacuna's signed. Panic over.

Faulkner in!

See you in an hour if we haven't signed another one. North Stand car park. Bring your bedsheet.

It's a date!

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »
There is still a significant gap when it comes to football knowledege at the top. 

We're reliant on the manager, on his recommendations, opinions and whims.  As we've seen in the past, that's a risky situation.  Experience teaches us that most managers (not just ours)  are short >medium term fixtures.  There needs to be a longer sustainble strategy coming from the top that doesn't just get ripped up and started again when the current bloke (note specifically talking about Lambert here) departs. 

It's not Faulkner's fault he was appointed by Lerner, but it would be more preferable to have a Chief Exec who knows the game.  His age and a middle management position at MBNA wouldn't -in normal circumstances- qualify him for a job as big as the one he currently occupies.   That said, the longer he is in the role, the more experience he gets.

I agree to an extent, you could argue that they have been smart enough to appoint a manager who can work effectively within the budget and constraints imposed by the club.

Although you do get the impression that are fortunes are more closely linked with the drive, determination an philosophy of the manager rather than the senior folks at the club.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »
My views the same as it always has been, he works with the hand he`s dealt with, some tough times over the past 2-3 seasons, and he has to serve many masters, but we cant complain at the moment for sure, keep it up Paul.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 05:59:25 PM »

The previous time we had a squad of players we did alright.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »
i don't know about my opinion of Faulkner, but my opinion of Lambert and his scouting team has gone through the roof.

We've obviously spent a good chunk of last season looking at which players we wanted in, and looked all over Europe for them. Compare that with late August, obvious, UK based signings. It is much more creative and forward thinking.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
This has shades of 74/75 all over it.I like what I see.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »
Exciting times, well done everyone. Things would appear to be in place.

Probably the first time in my lifetime that we have a forward-thinking approach to signings and scouting. Very exciting indeed.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
Can we apply the young and hungry terminology to our chief exec?

I've said for ages that I think he's done more right than he's done wrong since he got the job, despite the fact that things were going wrong on the pitch.

The whole structure of the club feels better now.  I'd still like someone on the board who oversees the scouting and youth development to give us continuity through the club but other than that I think everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction.  It's how all clubs should be run

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal