collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leandro Bacuna - Sold  (Read 241343 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Leandro Bacuna
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »
Another one who has really good technique, we're going to be an excellent sie once all these lads settle, having a squad full of players who are good on the ball, work hard and can grow together is really exciting, much happier with this than with signing cast offs and players from the relegated sides.

We also seem to have some tremendous athletes in the squad. I think it's going to be a nightmare for some players facing up to people like Sylla, Okore, Gabby and (hopefully) Benteke next season.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 05:40:41 PM »
My guess is that Lambert is content with the 11 that played well at the end of last season, confident that them alone would get 14-16th.  With that confidence I'd imagine that these players will be considered squad players rather than first teamers.

Offline eastie

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2013, 05:55:48 PM »
My guess is that Lambert is content with the 11 that played well at the end of last season, confident that them alone would get 14-16th.  With that confidence I'd imagine that these players will be considered squad players rather than first teamers.

I don't think he was content with the defence - okore will be in the first team i believe on day one.

Offline eastie

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 05:59:49 PM »
@MatKendrick: Bacuna would love to become a Dutch version of Lampard. "Players like that fight and show themselves and I’m a type of player like that."

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 06:00:47 PM »
Another one who has really good technique, we're going to be an excellent sie once all these lads settle, having a squad full of players who are good on the ball, work hard and can grow together is really exciting, much happier with this than with signing cast offs and players from the relegated sides.

We also seem to have some tremendous athletes in the squad. I think it's going to be a nightmare for some players facing up to people like Sylla, Okore, Gabby and (hopefully) Benteke next season.

If you watch that video people have posted of Okore, he's some athlete, you're right there.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »

If you watch that video people have posted of Okore, he's some athlete, you're right there.

The missus has taken the i-pad to the hairdressers, so I will watch it when she gets back. Didn't want to torrment myself by watching it before he'd signed.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »
Have to say, you were right to wait Percy. The video of him bearing in mind it is an away game at Chelsea, makes you realise why there is so much fuss. Looks a total beast of a player.

This Bacuna fella looks a real athlete and good player too. The ability to be flexible in formation is something Lambert was famed for at Norwich, I think personnel dictated much of last season. Now he is giving himself as many options as he can.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 06:38:29 PM »
By Mat Kendrick

Leandro Bacuna would love to become Aston Villa’s answer to Chelsea’s Frank Lampard.

Bacuna, who has arrived on a three-year deal, claims the Chelsea legend is the English player he most admires.

I’m a player who plays box-to-box, I like to run and I look to shoot,” said Bacuna, who has joined for an undisclosed fee from Dutch club Groningen.

Conditioning is a big thing, too, and I look forward to doing my best for Villa.

“As far as heroes are concerned, I have a lot of heroes, people like Messi and Ronaldo. But they are in a different league. Players such as Frank Lampard, they fight and they show themselves and I’m a type of player like that.

“I’m fully focused to show myself at my new club. My mentality is that you start at the bottom and you show yourself. This is what I intend to do.

Bacuna, who is 21 and is a Dutch under-21 international, is excited to be joining Paul Lambert’s emerging young claret and blue squad and is relishing the challenge of proving himself in the Premier League.

“It feels great,” he added. “It’s a new beginning for me, a new step and I’m looking forward to being part of this young, hungry team we have at Villa.

This is a dream come true for me and also for my parents who are delighted for me. It’s a tremendous league to be a part of, the Premier League, and we want to show that Aston Villa can take its place among the top teams.

“I’m really excited to come here. Villa Park looks magnificent and the training facilities at Bodymoor Heath are first class. I’m really impressed with the set-up here and I’m proud to be a part of this club.

“The manager is trying to create a new generation, to build something here and make a lot of young guys show what they can do. I’m up for the challenge.

“For every player who’s coming in, it’s good to find themselves in a team and an environment such as this. We will get the opportunity to show that we want to play and what we can do. It’s always good to try to better yourself.”

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »
Somebody make Lambo stop! I can't take all this positivity...

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
I am glowing from head to toe. We are starting the process which Man Utd used many years ago, with a young talented team growing together. Players like Ireland will never exist at Villa Park again as long as PL is in charge. This is a revolution and I am very excited ......

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
@MatKendrick: Bacuna would love to become a Dutch version of Lampard. "Players like that fight and show themselves and I’m a type of player like that."

Nah dont need a dutch version of Lampard that I want a more Rafael van der Vaart, Seedorf or Davids...Total football Lambo style!

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

Nah dont need a dutch version of Lampard that I want a more Rafael van der Vaart, Seedorf or Davids...Total football Lambo style!

Yeah, why want someone who scores over 200 goals from midfield and has won every trophy going.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
Huh?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 07:18:49 PM »

Yeah, why want someone who scores over 200 goals from midfield and has won every trophy going.

yeh, Lampard's shit isn't he? Why would we ever want somebody with those kind of stats.

I get opinions and all that, but I really, really do not get people who don't rate Lampard.

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »

Yeah whos better Lampard VDV Davids or Seedorf. For me Seedorf is number 1

And what im saying is dutch players are dutch players so pointless comparing to an english 'one off' no one is like lamps certainly not dutch players as they are far better technically. Lamps just has an instinct and work ethic as well as great shooting and dedication -if thats what the idea is then yeah BUT for me id rather we signed the new seedorf !!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:47:23 PM by villa kicks »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal