collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:56:16 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 09:56:15 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 09:56:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by eamonn
[Today at 09:56:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:54:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 09:53:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Exeter 77
[Today at 09:53:42 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:53:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Old Chestnut #1,045 - Rebuild The North Stand  (Read 24003 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Old Chestnut #1,045 - Rebuild The North Stand
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2013, 01:56:57 AM »
Bring back the A V floodlights and the advertisement for bovril where Willie Anderson fell over or so says Andy Lochhead in the Air.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »
A massive one tier stand please, when the need is there.

A massive one-tier stand would have no place for executive boxes, denying the club a source of income, so I wouldn't want to see that happening.

Actually that's a really good reason to do it. There's plenty of that in the Trinity. This stand should be for families and the hoi polloi. Cheap as chips. And move the away fans to the Holte end of the Wit ton so that they can shit themselves at how really very big and loud it is.
remember when we extended the roof of the holte and it joined with the roof on the witton lane? It would be great if we could build a big f-off cheap and cheerful single tier end at the witton end which joined up with the other two stands but no corners and no boxes or corporate facilities and fill it with 12-15k 10 quid seats. It would be amazing when we had a half decent side and it would be close to full , but I suppose it would look a bit shit if we were doing badly and a big expanse of blue plastic on a Monday night against Sunderland.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »
I think it should have 4,000 standing space in high safety environment then 5 thousands seats then box above them for fat cat and then 8,000 seats above. But it have to look right and well designed to do this.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »
A massive one tier stand please, when the need is there.

A massive one-tier stand would have no place for executive boxes, denying the club a source of income, so I wouldn't want to see that happening.

Actually that's a really good reason to do it. There's plenty of that in the Trinity. This stand should be for families and the hoi polloi. Cheap as chips. And move the away fans to the Holte end of the Wit ton so that they can shit themselves at how really very big and loud it is.
remember when we extended the roof of the holte and it joined with the roof on the witton lane? It would be great if we could build a big f-off cheap and cheerful single tier end at the witton end which joined up with the other two stands but no corners and no boxes or corporate facilities and fill it with 12-15k 10 quid seats. It would be amazing when we had a half decent side and it would be close to full , but I suppose it would look a bit shit if we were doing badly and a big expanse of blue plastic on a Monday night against Sunderland.

those blue seats have annoyed me for years, why not mix Claret and Blue seats together(like that cricket ground in Australia) and have the seats in the name of the stands in white ?

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2013, 04:52:43 PM »
A Major refurb` i reckon, extend the thing backwards because its a bit claustraphobic underneath, more bars, etc`, apparently the Doug and Trinity were designed to dovetail with the North via rounded corner units, trouble is that would leave the Holte looking a bit isolated, also the drying/drainage of the pitch would be adversley affected. We just dont need a 55.000 seater at the moment, maybe if a World cup came along...........

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »
A Major refurb` i reckon, extend the thing backwards because its a bit claustraphobic underneath, more bars, etc`, apparently the Doug and Trinity were designed to dovetail with the North via rounded corner units, trouble is that would leave the Holte looking a bit isolated, also the drying/drainage of the pitch would be adversley affected. We just dont need a 55.000 seater at the moment, maybe if a World cup came along...........
Which, incidentally aint gonna happen as long as that slimy bastard Blatter is still alive.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2013, 09:39:47 AM »

http://stadiums.football.co.uk/Images/Photos/Large/8-0.jpg

Extend the North and fill in the corners to the Trinity and the Doug and leave the Holte as it is. Would look fine. Maybe put the AV floodlights at the Holte, would look fantastic imo, exec boxes can be built in the North and any safe standing area would go in the Holte.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal