collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheerio and current squad  (Read 14754 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Cheerio and current squad
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2013, 10:36:12 PM »
It used to be on the road that lead to Mell Square, where Argos is.

Offline myf

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2013, 11:09:53 PM »
Retail park is the one we used to use

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2013, 11:22:28 PM »
Do we know who gave the go ahead for the Ireland purchase?

man city. They offered him in player and cash deal for milner. Its easy to forget where Ireland signed from as he was by all accounts not doing much at man city. I remember though and other may too he had a nice season a few before he was signed to us in the exchange and cash deal he has never reached those heights since. 

I think he had more than one good season for them tbh. As much as I didnt want Milner to leave, I actually thought Ireland would be a good replacement. Has not turned out to be the case, but that is not Faulkners fault surely. Ireland has so much talent, but has not shown it and has been nothing short of a disgrace footballing wise. I have heard he has done great charity work and applaud that, but he is a professional footballer and he has been piss poor

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2013, 01:56:02 AM »
Do we know who gave the go ahead for the Ireland purchase?

man city. They offered him in player and cash deal for milner. Its easy to forget where Ireland signed from as he was by all accounts not doing much at man city. I remember though and other may too he had a nice season a few before he was signed to us in the exchange and cash deal he has never reached those heights since. 

I think he had more than one good season for them tbh. As much as I didnt want Milner to leave, I actually thought Ireland would be a good replacement. Has not turned out to be the case, but that is not Faulkners fault surely. Ireland has so much talent, but has not shown it and has been nothing short of a disgrace footballing wise. I have heard he has done great charity work and applaud that, but he is a professional footballer and he has been piss poor

No he had less, he had about 25games under Hughes where he looked world class, before and since he looked an average/below-average premier league player who could be good if he didn't have serious mental problems.

By all accounts he does a lot of charity work, you can see he always represents the club on the acorns days etc, he just doesn't seem to like playing football.  I liken it to someone having a job they don't like but they go every day and do the minimum because they like the annual conference and they're paid well enough to not be bothered to look elsewhere.

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2013, 09:45:51 AM »
Hutton in daily record mentions along with 7 others were told they are not part of villas plans. Is this a wages issue? He asays he is in no rush to leave as he has a year left but ideally he wants a permanent move away. Hutton expects villa not to ask for a fee - he says they can't really when he's been told his services aren't required. Though i like to think we are holding out for some transfer sum.  Fair play Hutton is okay with Lambert and understands that its club decision but just wants to be playing 

I think this is similar to Ireland taking his time to get out of villa- the player wants to make right move away from club now they are told not figuring in clubs plans.
Of course Hutton comments makes me wonder who the 8 were as villa is going in different direction:
 I understand the club is going in a different direction but think need to get some money on for players including a fee for Hutton and others rather than free transfers. I can only think 7 players  warnock, Ireland, bent, Hutton,dunne, given makoun...   ? 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:11:09 AM by villa kicks »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2013, 10:26:36 AM »
Warnock left in January.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
Hutton in daily record mentions along with 7 others were told they are not part of villas plans. Is this a wages issue? He asays he is in no rush to leave as he has a year left but ideally he wants a permanent move away. Hutton expects villa not to ask for a fee - he says they can't really when he's been told his services aren't required. Though i like to think we are holding out for some transfer sum.  Fair play Hutton is okay with Lambert and understands that its club decision but just wants to be playing 

I think this is similar to Ireland taking his time to get out of villa- the player wants to make right move away from club now they are told not figuring in clubs plans.
Of course Hutton comments makes me wonder who the 8 were as villa is going in different direction:
 I understand the club is going in a different direction but think need to get some money on for players including a fee for Hutton and others rather than free transfers. I can only think 7 players  warnock, Ireland, bent, Hutton,dunne, given makoun...   ? 

well to look at it sensibly...

Hutton
Dunne
Lichaj
Marshall

They're all obvious

Bent
Ireland
Given

are fairly safe bets

leaving 1 of

Bannan
Holman
Nzog

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2013, 02:43:54 PM »
The Daily Record say there's a secret seven? Reminds me of 3 summers ago when MON had to apparently shift 9 which was apparently the start of his downfall and our demise. This time round we should be far better equipped to cope regardless if we manage to shift any/all/most of the seven or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal