collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Having A Midfield That Doesn't Score Goals  (Read 9398 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Having A Midfield That Doesn't Score Goals
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »
I'd like to see Delph spanking a few more shots from long distance. It's in his locker. With the 3 man system he became a bit more adventurous in the last few weeks too. A bit of composure and he could get a few goals. I think it's almost a case that he just needs one to go in and his confidence nearer goal will improve. He's scored a couple of good goals for us in previous years (in cups I think, Brighton I recall being decent) and he scored some decent goals for Leeds. It's in his locker.
I think we'll sign another midfielder to compete with the first choice 3. You'd think someone with a few goals in there locker would be useful.

Tonev can provide a few. Belhanda or Popov should too if they joined. Maybe Yac Sylla might. He could be useful making late runs in the box ala Ian Taylor. He's a big lad so might get his nut on a few, especially if defenders are pre-occupied with CB.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 08:17:46 PM »
If Delph continues where he left off, he'll get the odd goal here and there. Westwood plays deep so won't score many and I've not seen anything from Sylla yet to think he can score a few. That's not to say that won't change though.

Offline supertom

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »
I think Sylla really grew in confidence in the last few weeks. His passing and composure got better and better. He looked the mutts nuts in a couple of games. Maybe we'll see a goal or two. I'd doubt it because I think more of the defensive work would be his main forte.

Westy can stick to making goals. 6 assists last season from a pretty deep position is good. I'd expect him to get at least 10 assists next season.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 09:13:18 PM »
we need a new David Platt ;)   If only.   Mind ,he was from Crewe .  Murphy ?

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
Im hoping this is a thread that dies this season and is replaced with "Does our midfield score too many goals?"

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
May I suggest the show reels of Tonev and Bacuna could calm your fears?

And for those dubious of show reels - see what the foreign press are saying about these players (it's called Google Translate).  They are both hot young prospects.

UTV.

Offline Summers

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 09:04:22 PM »
From the youtoooob videos, they can't half strike a fucking ball. We've all seen the Tonev one by now, but I suggest you guys watch Bacuna's too. He scores a great couple of screamers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal