collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: H&V 2012/13 Awards  (Read 13701 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
H&V 2012/13 Awards
« on: June 02, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »
Best Poster:
Best Newcomer:
Best InTheKnow-er:
Thread of the Season:
Unsung Hero:
Missing In Action:
Returning Hero:

Please feel free to add or ignore categories. We can tot-up the nominations and maybe, if they're lucky enough, the winners will be offered a lucky-dip into PeterWithesShin's big sack of DVDs.

My votes...

Best Poster: For humour, probably MsHildaSlag. For talking sense on Villa, there's quite a few. I guess Mr Woodhall, (but please, no more "Press" puns for your articles next season), Walnuts and Ozzjim were all particularly even-handed in their arguments most of the time. Special mention to Ads who spear-headed the campaign of those who were confident of staying-up throughout the spring.

Best Newcomer: A contentious one this, as he's been a divisive force to say the least. However, his posts are never less than thought-provoking so I tentatively proffer the nomination of the droid' - Villadroid.

Best InTheKnow-er: Karl Bridges, for no-fuss, casual mentions of stuff he hears from time to time. Respect.

Thread of the Season: For differences in opinion at the start and end of the discussions, the debate on the merits  of 'Christian Benteke' and 'Lambert - In/Out/ShakeHimAllAbout?' were amusing. Off-Topic provides an embarassment of conspiracy-filled threads to choose from.
The tv and book recommendation threads deserve high praise for their practical merit.

Unsung Hero: Darren Woolley. Economy of writing is a gift and Daz has it in spades.

Missing In Action: RipVanBentfletch disappeared around the time of our mid-winter horror show. His coarse humour would have been a tonic during those dark days.

Returning Hero: Good to have Chris Smith back on a regular basis.

Thanks to one and all for another year of both wasting my time and helping get me through bouts of boredom and procrastination.

Offline eastie

Re: H&V 2012/13 Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:28:16 PM »
I don't wish to get into the good the bad and the ugly but I'd like to say my thanks to every single person who contributes and posts on the forum and of course the moderators who all combined make this such a great forum to be a member of- ive browsed other clubs forums and they are generally a mess of mixed up threads - this site is the best bar none so my award goes to all of us !!

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »
I don't wish to get into the good the bad and the ugly but I'd like to say my thanks to every single person who contributes and posts on the forum and of course the moderators who all combined make this such a great forum to be a member of- ive browsed other clubs forums and they are generally a mess of mixed up threads - this site is the best bar none so my award goes to all of us !!

Have to second that Eastie. This site keeps me going through some pretty dire personal times. That may sound sad but my domestic circumstances are "challenging" and going up the Villa and chatting on this site keep my head above water at times.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »
If we can agree on categories first, we might be able to do something a bit more structured.

For example - decide what the categories are, then we'll open them for (secret) nominations, then we'll put them to the vote for a fixed period.

Might be an idea to do it that way?

Mind you, I haven't checked this with any of the other moderators, so I might be talking myself into trouble.

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 12:03:34 AM »
Best Poster: not3bad
Best Newcomer: not3bad
Best InTheKnow-er: not3bad
Thread of the Season: Anything started by not3bad
Unsung Hero: not3bad
Missing In Action: When not3bad isn't around
Returning Hero: not3bad

How about a "Most modest poster" award as well?  Can't think who might get that.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:06:55 AM by not3bad »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 12:06:11 AM »
Dave Woodhall wins all of them. Apart from best moderator. That's me. And best fanzine seller. Oh, that's also me. Talking of fanzine selling, any news on my pay raise Mr Woodhall sir?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 12:07:22 AM »
Wild Optimist of the Year: PWS.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 01:13:15 AM »
If we can agree on categories first, we might be able to do something a bit more structured.

For example - decide what the categories are, then we'll open them for (secret) nominations, then we'll put them to the vote for a fixed period.

Might be an idea to do it that way?

Mind you, I haven't checked this with any of the other moderators, so I might be talking myself into trouble.

Sounds good.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 01:26:14 AM »
How about a pissed up overseas poster of the year award?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 01:49:58 AM »

Agreed. Some days I think 'fuck me there's some twats on here', then I discuss something with the real world (football or otherwise) and it really makes me appreciate you lot. I think the best thing is the way we all seem to see through the press so much better than the people I talk to in real life.

May sound like faint praise but  it's really not.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:57:31 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 02:48:13 AM »

Bottle of wine, a few brandys and a couple of the pints of black stuff on a Sunday night?

You're right. I'm fucking lightweight compared to Dan the Man. What a wonderfully bad example he gives to us all outside the UK. ******!

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 05:57:19 AM »
I will tell you something, reading off topic from time to time has me I stitches.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 06:46:20 AM »

Crowded category.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 07:56:51 AM »
What, you mean Dan in sunny f**king Lanzarote?!

(mind you, it's even sunny here in N Yorks this morning).

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »
Well said, mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal