collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Review DVD  (Read 24129 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Season Review DVD
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 05:54:23 PM »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 05:28:17 PM »
Snap up the 2012-13 season review DVD from Villa Stores.

Priced at £17, the new DVD is out now.

It is a comprehensive look-back at Paul Lambert's first season in charge.

Follow the fast-paced progress of Lambert's Lions as they show their class and courage throughout a challenging campaign of highs and lows.

Lambert moulded a team awash with young talent and it was a term which saw the birth of a new Villa.

Lambert brought in key some signings, including Christian Benteke, who marked his debut campaign at Villa Park by breaking Dwight Yorke's single-season goal record in the Premier League.

There was also a personal achievement by fans favourite Gabriel Agbonlahor, who broke another Yorke record to became Villa's leading Premier League scorer.

The season saw the emergence of Andi Weimann, who excelled in claret and blue.

Then there was Ron Vlaar, who added presence to the backline, Matt Lowton who starred week after week and Ashley Westwood, a pass master picked up from Crewe for under £1m.

Fabian Delph, so often sidelined with injury up to this season, also excelled with his bite and aggression in the central ground.

Not forgetting Brad Guzan, either, who impressed greatly as he took home both of the club's prestigious player of the season gongs at the annual dinner.

The highlights of the season included a famous 3-1 victory at Liverpool, a 6-1 demolition of Sunderland and emphatic Capital One Cup triumphs at Manchester City and Norwich City.

In addition to footage from every game, this DVD also features an extended interview with Gabby Agbonlahor, who talks us through his goals.

Offline eastie

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »
Snap up the 2012-13 season review DVD from Villa Stores.

Priced at £17, the new DVD is out now.

It is a comprehensive look-back at Paul Lambert's first season in charge.

Follow the fast-paced progress of Lambert's Lions as they show their class and courage throughout a challenging campaign of highs and lows.

Lambert moulded a team awash with young talent and it was a term which saw the birth of a new Villa.

Lambert brought in key some signings, including Christian Benteke, who marked his debut campaign at Villa Park by breaking Dwight Yorke's single-season goal record in the Premier League.

There was also a personal achievement by fans favourite Gabriel Agbonlahor, who broke another Yorke record to became Villa's leading Premier League scorer.

The season saw the emergence of Andi Weimann, who excelled in claret and blue.

Then there was Ron Vlaar, who added presence to the backline, Matt Lowton who starred week after week and Ashley Westwood, a pass master picked up from Crewe for under £1m.

Fabian Delph, so often sidelined with injury up to this season, also excelled with his bite and aggression in the central ground.

Not forgetting Brad Guzan, either, who impressed greatly as he took home both of the club's prestigious player of the season gongs at the annual dinner.

The highlights of the season included a famous 3-1 victory at Liverpool, a 6-1 demolition of Sunderland and emphatic Capital One Cup triumphs at Manchester City and Norwich City.

In addition to footage from every game, this DVD also features an extended interview with Gabby Agbonlahor, who talks us through his goals.

£17 quid - no way , I paid £11 at sainsburys .

Offline eastie

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 07:21:24 PM »
A million and a friendly for Westwood? Not bad business at all.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »
Watching this this morning, christ, we didn't half score some good goals last year.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »
Watching last night, the end to the season was good but I forgot just how depressing the end of December/January was. Bentekes goal against Albion really was something special though

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
Watching last night, the end to the season was good but I forgot just how depressing the end of December/January was. Bentekes goal against Albion really was something special though

It really is a "grit yer teeth" job through that time - it is interesting that the word "lucky" is used a lot concerning the goals... Hmmmm

I still shout at the referee when Sarfampton get that bloody penalty

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »
The penalty was a complete joke, but its almost impossible to tell when its a dive. What makes me angry to this day is Nigel Adkins after saying he lost his footing but its allowed or something like that. Just admit you cheated! Benteke had a complete mare that game too.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2013, 03:38:27 PM »
Bought it today for £11.99 from HMV. No prizes for guessing what i'll be starting to watch soon.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
Bought it today for £11.99 from HMV. No prizes for guessing what i'll be starting to watch soon.

The 1000 Premiership Goals has been on loop in this house ;-)

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »
Just got to the end of Liverpool away. Some of the goals we scored those first few months even when we were struggling are up there with some of the best i've ever seen from the Villa. If manure or whoever had scored them we'd never have heard the end of it.

Dilemma time though, should I skip the next 2 months?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
Just got to the end of Liverpool away. Some of the goals we scored those first few months even when we were struggling are up there with some of the best i've ever seen from the Villa. If manure or whoever had scored them we'd never have heard the end of it.

Dilemma time though, should I skip the next 2 months?

I'd just fast forward past Chelsea away, Bradford and Millwall but watch the Stoke game over and over again.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2013, 06:02:59 PM »
I've got a cup of coffee and i'm going to brave all the matches. This is how i'm going to be watching a few of them.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2013, 06:04:12 PM »
I've got a cup of coffee and i'm going to brave all the matches. This is how i'm going to be watching a few of them.

Nice suit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal