collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Review DVD  (Read 24137 times)

Offline gervilla

Season Review DVD
« on: May 24, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »
Just pre ordered it off Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CP5VXVI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Out on 10th June.It has Ron, Lambo, Andi & Gabby on the front.

Strange that Benteke doesn't make the cover, maybe next year once he hits the 20 league goals mark ?

richtheholtender

Re: Season Review DVD
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:51:28 PM »
I would skip from December 23rd to February 2nd.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 01:46:58 AM »
Extraordinary that Benteke isn't on the cover. And we've now given him the perfect excuse to play-up and look for a move. Amateurs..

Offline gervilla

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:27:40 AM »
I think it's the opposite eamonn, we are simply showing him that he has not "made it" yet but one more season of the same and he can achieve legendary status this time next year  ;)

Offline nibs

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 09:18:29 AM »
I normally buy the DVD every year but have only just bought the Mcleish, season 4 quid was probaably still a bit too much!!!

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 09:37:22 AM »
Nice one, I've just pre-ordered too.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »
I will buy it.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »
Speaking of Villa DVD's does anyone know what the story is with "The Big Match" series? About two years ago ITV released an Aston Villa edition (Tony Morley on the cover) with decent footage from about a dozen games from the 70's and 80's taken from their archives. I noted in HMV recently that clubs such as Spurs and Newcastle have a second edition with more highlights which I felt a bit aggrieved by. Surely we were more successful than both during ITV's running of this show.

Then, yesterday I saw that another "Aston Villa The Big Match" with Peter Withe on the front came out last September. For some odd reason it appears to replicate the highlights of some of the earlier edition with one or two extra games from the mid-70's. It only has a running time of an hour compared to the previous one's hour and a half. On the surface of things it looks like they are trying to sell the same product with a couple of minor differences and slapping-on a different cover so as to trick fans who had bought the earlier edition!

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »
Extraordinary that Benteke isn't on the cover. And we've now given him the perfect excuse to play-up and look for a move. Amateurs..

To be honest, I don't like it when the club concentrates its love and promotion around one player.   We need to spread the love around and keep all our players in the limelight.  I'm glad, for example, that the club has been focusing on Gabby all week on the official site.  It's the right way to do things, in my opinion.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 01:36:56 PM »

To be honest, I don't like it when the club concentrates its love and promotion around one player.   We need to spread the love around and keep all our players in the limelight.  I'm glad, for example, that the club has been focusing on Gabby all week on the official site.  It's the right way to do things, in my opinion.

Yep, Benteke was great but we had a number of good performers. There's plenty of Benteke in the DVD.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
I'll definitely by skipping the Bradford chapter.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
By the a
Extraordinary that Benteke isn't on the cover.

Neither is Guzan so I wouldn't read anything into it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »
Speaking of Villa DVD's does anyone know what the story is with "The Big Match" series? About two years ago ITV released an Aston Villa edition (Tony Morley on the cover) with decent footage from about a dozen games from the 70's and 80's taken from their archives. I noted in HMV recently that clubs such as Spurs and Newcastle have a second edition with more highlights which I felt a bit aggrieved by. Surely we were more successful than both during ITV's running of this show.

Then, yesterday I saw that another "Aston Villa The Big Match" with Peter Withe on the front came out last September. For some odd reason it appears to replicate the highlights of some of the earlier edition with one or two extra games from the mid-70's. It only has a running time of an hour compared to the previous one's hour and a half. On the surface of things it looks like they are trying to sell the same product with a couple of minor differences and slapping-on a different cover so as to trick fans who had bought the earlier edition!

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

I have both, have watched them both but can't remember the differences. I'd say there are 2 as two different companies had rights to The Big Match.

As for why less Villa matches for future volumes, all I can guess is that a) we spent half the 70's not in the top flight so were shown on TV less b) The Big Match was the southern version of Star Soccer, so i'm assuming have more coverage of London clubs.  Could do with some Star Soccer DVD's!

Offline eamonn

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 12:56:57 AM »

Yep, Benteke was great but we had a number of good performers. There's plenty of Benteke in the DVD.

Agree with all that, and I don't really give a toss (as with most, I'd rather we weren't seen/didn't portray ourselves as a one man team), it's just a bit surprising considering he made more positive headlines than any other player last season.

Offline eastie

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 04:43:18 PM »
Available pre- order at sainsburys for £10-99 including postage  .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal