collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Footballers football show tonight  (Read 6261 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Footballers football show tonight
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »
I am watching it at the moment.

McInally: "The Holte End hasn't forgiven Graham Taylor for selling me yet".

Hmmm.

*scratches beard*

Offline Damo70

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 11:20:30 PM »
Taping it at 12. Is it worth watching?
Yes I found it very interesting, but don't think by the comments on here that it was all about Villa - 90% of it was about the champions League final. All very good though, Jan Aage Fjortoft was also on with them.
It's nice to watch a chat show where the guests are given time to talk and tell their stories.
Good luck Dortmund on Saturday!

Would you agree that Jan Aage felt that Howard Kendall's play-off preparations were a tad lacking in professionalism? I must admit that as someone who possibly holds the world record for reading football books, it would appear that 'H' enjoyed the odd tipple.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 11:22:47 PM »
Fjortoft seems relatively well-informed and an entertaining enough personality, but I find his ludicrous hair (I appreciate continental Europeans often have weird barnets, but even so, his is out of order) and the enormous bags under his eyes very distracting.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 11:28:40 PM »
Fjortoft seems relatively well-informed and an entertaining enough personality, but I find his ludicrous hair (I appreciate continental Europeans often have weird barnets, but even so, his is out of order) and the enormous bags under his eyes very distracting.

Having missed the start of the show I was very much entertained by Jan. I spent about half an hour trying to guess who he was before there was a 'reveal' that spoilt my fun.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 11:37:31 PM »

Hmmm.

*scratches beard*

Cue the advertisements for Alan McInally sports forums at clubs around the Birmingham area.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »
I was in the Bicycle Kick stand a few years back and as I made my way to the bogs McInally appeared from some side door/suite. A Villa fan with a full pint in his hand asked "How are you Rambo?" Big 'Al took his pint, necked it and gave him the empty plastic cup back with the reply "I'm better now big man!". The bloke whose pint he swiped was delighted and gave me the impression he would cherish that empty cup for life.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »
Taping it at 12. Is it worth watching?
Yes I found it very interesting, but don't think by the comments on here that it was all about Villa - 90% of it was about the champions League final. All very good though, Jan Aage Fjortoft was also on with them.
It's nice to watch a chat show where the guests are given time to talk and tell their stories.
Good luck Dortmund on Saturday!

Cheers DK. I'll give it a watch.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19:16 AM »

Hmmm.

*scratches beard*

Personally Sir Graham, I forgive you. Just over a million quid was decent money back then. Shame you spunked half of it on that Irish cripple from Manchester United. But in the bright side we did get the legendary Adrian Heath/Dean Spink forward partnership.

Offline peter w

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 07:34:22 AM »
SGT or Rambo? SGT or Rambo? Hmmmm, sorry big man.

Online sid1964

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 08:06:52 AM »
i enjoyed the show, I thought that Lambert came across well, and I liked what he said about his ideas for Villa, with a philosophy on buying younger palayers, who want to play for the shirt!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »

I'd expect him to, he's the lead presenter on the main football show over here and has a reputation similar to the one Gary Neville has in the UK.  He is a bit odd looking though.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 08:29:07 AM »
I was in the Bicycle Kick stand a few years back and as I made my way to the bogs McInally appeared from some side door/suite. A Villa fan with a full pint in his hand asked "How are you Rambo?" Big 'Al took his pint, necked it and gave him the empty plastic cup back with the reply "I'm better now big man!". The bloke whose pint he swiped was delighted and gave me the impression he would cherish that empty cup for life.

I was squashed up the front of that poxy pen at Swindon when we won promotion, as 10 year old, and the big man spotted me and came over, shook my hand and had a nice little chat with me.

Top fella.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 01:51:15 PM »
Has anyone got a link for this?  I would be forever in their debt :-) Assuming that this doesn't break any house rules of course

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 01:31:01 AM »

Great story

Offline Diablo

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal