collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: £45m  (Read 14211 times)

Offline sonlyme

Re: £45m
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »
I can't comment on the economic theories or indeed capitalist ideologies but I can say that the original idea - to get £100 a nut off the price of a ST would be nice for ST holders - but not so nice for the club.

The first thing that gets folk to come through those turnstiles is vibrant attacking football.  Hence Villa Park has seen a rise during the worst recession in living memory.  Villa fans have seen some truly exhilarating attacking football this season - sadly not all of it from the Villa - but as the team grew we were given a glimpse of what they could achieve.

The second thing to draw more supporters -and the thing Lambert will now be working on - is to combine that flair with success.  Nothing sells like it.

A young attacking team.  A healthy dose of success.  And then you will see Villa Park rocking. 

And for me - Villa Park bursting at the seams as Villa attack and win is well worth £100.

UTV

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2013, 03:02:37 PM »
Just think, if Paul Lambert could pick up a player for about £8m then sell him a year later for £30m, around £15-17m of that profit could be used to let 35,000 of us have a free season ticket!

Ok I'm talking stupid, but it does show small gate income actually is compared to some of the figures spoken about when it comes to transfers and TV money.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2013, 07:32:14 PM »
Just think, if Paul Lambert could pick up a player for about £8m then sell him a year later for £30m, around £15-17m of that profit could be used to let 35,000 of us have a free season ticket!

Ok I'm talking stupid, but it does show small gate income actually is compared to some of the figures spoken about when it comes to transfers and TV money.

Which is why the fans who actually go to live games no longer count in the grand scheme of things, and we have to re-arrange our lives for 9 months of the year with changing kick off times.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »
I am concerned that the amount of home games we had moved for Sky/ESPN last season, may put a few people off renewing. Most parts of the ground aren't cheap and when you are paying around £20-30 a game not including travel, food, drink, etc. many could save their money and watch around half of our home games on TV if next season is anything like this one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal