collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: £45m  (Read 14249 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: £45m
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »
Hope we reinvest it all wisely. Especially with the wages coming in from the big earners that will get the boot this summer. Good times ahead?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 05:19:32 PM »
Hope we reinvest it all wisely. Especially with the wages coming in from the big earners that will get the boot this summer. Good times ahead?

They could knock £100 off every season ticket for starters and reward the fans as well as the players. Afterall, everyone said what an important role we played this season.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »
It will go towards the losses we have been making every season. The balance sheet has been negative for a while, I would imagine this will simply be put towards the normal running of the club.

Offline LionVilla

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
It will go towards the losses we have been making every season. The balance sheet has been negative for a while, I would imagine this will simply be put towards the normal running of the club.
This is the correct answer.

Offline beness

• GM : 21.01.2018
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »

Lerner is a buisness man. he knows(or should do) he has to speculate to accumulate.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »

They could knock £100 off every season ticket for starters and reward the fans as well as the players. Afterall, everyone said what an important role we played this season.

Having previously done a little back-of-a-fag-packet maths on this, I reckon that, based on an average gate of 35,000, it'd cost about £3.25million (let's call it an Ireland) to knock off a fiver for every attendee at every game. With these reduced prices, every extra 2,000 that then turn up puts £1million back in over a season.

Remain staggered that this still isn't happening.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:52:11 PM by Lastfootstamper »

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 06:14:56 PM »

Lerner is a buisness man. he knows(or should do) he has to speculate to accumulate.

Just like Tony Fernandes did at QPR?!

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »
This is the correct answer.
It wouldn't be if wages were a bit more reasonable.  With the money coming into the game season tickets could be £150....

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
The sickening thing is that we still get charged unfair prices to go and watch the "show" live... and pegging prices for another season still doesn't make them fair.

I for one will miss Wigan in that respect, although if they had more fans themselves I'm sure they'd have been as greedy as the other 19 clubs.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 06:36:51 PM »
Dont slate me please. I think Villa tickets are too cheap. Seriously. I would raise ticket prices by a fiver and invest that extra money in the team. We have been offering very good value for a long time I think a modest price rise is appropriate if we want to push up the table.

For example a Spurs season ticket (similar size club in terms of support) costs £745 next season. Thats a huge difference with us. With that money Spurs are able to compete for higher class players. I think we have missed an opportunity to grow the club by keeping prices so bargain basement.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:45:27 PM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
What does matches being shown "near live" in the bottom table mean? I remember years ago, Irish tv would show "deferred coverage" of a game on Saturday afternoons (coverage beginning at 3.20 for example and therefore being behind real time by 20 mins) but I don't think this is common practice anywhere anymore...or is it?

Also, interesting to see Portsmouth still get parachute payments. Probably still being used to pay-off Kanu and all those other lads that crippled their wage bill.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 06:42:32 PM »
Dont slate me please. I think Villa tickets are too cheap. Seriously. I would raise ticket prices by a fiver and invest that extra money in the team. We have been offering very good value for a long time I think a modest price rise is appropriate if we want to push up the table.

Raising tickets by a fiver would have almost no effect on the team or investment. Say if you go with 35k average attendance, then you're getting at most an extra 3.25 million. What is that to a club whose revenue will be about 100 million next year? (massive assumption based on the increased tv deal). As Uli Hoeness said about Bayern's prices, they could increase season tickets by about £100, but that would bring in only another 2 million, but that is nothing to a major football club, but £100 (or £5 every other week) is massive to a supporter

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 06:51:39 PM »

Having previously done a little back-of-a-fag-packet maths on this, I reckon that, based on an average gate of 35,000, it'd cost about £3.25million (let's call it an Ireland) to knock off a fiver for every attendee at every game. With these reduced prices, every extra 2,000 that then turn up puts £1million back in over a season.

Remain staggered that this still isn't happening.

Maybe because it doesn't work like that?

I've said it on several threads before but cheap tickets don't incentivise fans to go to watch football.  If it did, my local team, Sutton Coldfield Town would have over 100,000 turning up every week because you can watch a game of football there for less than a tenner.

There are a load of reasons people go to watch football matches but in order of impact the cost of the ticket is pretty low down the list.  That's why attendances are pretty much higher than they've ever been across the board despite ticket prices being higher than they've ever been.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »
If we've all got another fiver spare then surely there are plenty of better causes to spend £70k a week on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal