collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ireland's contract  (Read 32318 times)

Offline Staffsvillan

Ireland's contract
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »
Does anyone know how long he's got left on his contract. Hopefully PL can release him this summer without having to pay him off

Offline N'Zimidy

Re: Ireland's contract
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:15:43 PM »
Runs until 2014 so we've got another year of the twat sucking £70k a week out the club.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 11:15:54 PM »
One year left I believe.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »
Oh FFS pay the twat off. I can't stand that arsehole being connected with my club.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »
I think he will be given a free this summer for someone to take him off our hands. Not made the squad since Jan says it all.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:48:03 PM »
Not made the squad since Jan says it all.

Crikey.

I didn't know that was the case. Are you sure?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »

Crikey.

His last appearances was the Bradford home leg. He may have made the bench a couple of times but not very often.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »
Hasn't made the 18-man match-day squad since the home defeat to Newcastle in January according to the Telegraph.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »
The Bradford game was a last-chance it seems looking at it now. A bold and brave decision by Lambert...which utterly failed sadly. I still maintain that signing Ireland whilst we had no manager was the worst decision ever made under the Lerner regime. Yes, even worse then THAT decision!

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 12:05:07 AM »

Crikey.

I was trying to recall if he had played since Bradford when we were discussing the Bradford second leg on the highs and lows and I don't reckon he would have played in that had literally any other option been available. Not signed Sylla yet and no Westwood, plus injuries made it impossible to leave him out. Otherwise I think the Wigan game, where he was not even close to being an apology for a footballer, would have been his last.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 12:07:33 AM »
The Bradford game was a last-chance it seems looking at it now. A bold and brave decision by Lambert...which utterly failed sadly. I still maintain that signing Ireland whilst we had no manager was the worst decision ever made under the Lerner regime. Yes, even worse then THAT decision!

I would say in hindsight probably, essentially 8 million in fee off the Milner money, plus 3.5 million a season in wages, for 4 seasons. 22 million ish.

The Given, NZogbia, Hutton, Jenas, McLeish 12 months might just run it very close though in terms of cash being pissed down the drain like a drunk without control.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 12:10:25 AM »

To be fair I along with many others was quite excited when we initially signed him, don't think THAT decision got anyone excited.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 12:15:01 AM »

I would say in hindsight probably, essentially 8 million in fee off the Milner money, plus 3.5 million a season in wages, for 4 seasons. 22 million ish.

The Given, NZogbia, Hutton, Jenas, McLeish 12 months might just run it very close though in terms of cash being pissed down the drain like a drunk without control.

There are loads of examples of us burning money over the last few years, sadly, and they're all extremely depressing.

People too often just look at the transfer fee and don't think about the enormous cost of having some of these wasters on our books. Ireland is a particularly depressing example.

If we have had to go back to "year zero"squad-wise this season, then you don't have to scout around too hard for examples of why this has been necessary.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 12:24:04 AM »

I agree, but that's because I didn't want him in the first place. But plenty were very happy when he signed, I remember more than saying we had the better end of the deal, and that we'd got such a good deal that we'd mugged City blind. So hard to say it was a terrible decision.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:55:54 AM by PeterWithesShin »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 12:46:42 AM »

Crikey.

I was trying to recall if he had played since Bradford when we were discussing the Bradford second leg on the highs and lows and I don't reckon he would have played in that had literally any other option been available. Not signed Sylla yet and no Westwood, plus injuries made it impossible to leave him out. Otherwise I think the Wigan game, where he was not even close to being an apology for a footballer, would have been his last.

I was actually a fan of Ireland, trying to believe he was misunderstood etc, and I do think there is talent there.  However, this game was nothing short of shocking and when he was hauled off with resounding boos, he must have had an idea his goose was cooked.  The modern day Stan Collymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal