collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 04:18:12 PM]

Re: Who should create the Atmosphere? by artvandelay
[Today at 04:15:49 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by coreyfeldman
[Today at 04:15:46 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:15:23 PM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by LeeB
[Today at 04:14:53 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 04:13:25 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:12:36 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 04:12:17 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: In Or Out For Next Season ?  (Read 9936 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: In Or Out For Next Season ?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »
out-

Dunne , Ireland , Given , KEA , Bannan , Holman , Bowery , Eric , Fonz , Hutton , Warnock , Makoun
Stephens , Dawkins , Nzogbia , Albrighton .

They can all go for me . 

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2013, 11:31:36 AM »
Out: Hutton, Dunne (contract ends September - pay it off and get rid), Stevens, Ireland (MLS - the only place to find someone stupid enough to buy him?), Holman, Bannan, Makoun, Bent and Delfouneso, and send Dawkins back to Spurs. And of course we also sadly lose Stan.

I'd hang on to Given for another year - we need an experienced back up for Guzan and not sure Marshall or Siegrist are up to it yet. I'd also hang on to KEA and N'Zogbia, and give Albrighton one last chance to come good again but I don't hold out too much hope for that one.

That frees up wages to bring in some decent players (an experienced CB and dominant MF as an absolute minimum) and also improve contracts for the likes of Benteke and Weimann.

Yeah I would definitely give KEA another chance and would send Albrighton out on loan to see if he can recapture his early promise.  I just can't see N'Zogbia ever really producing on a regular basis so would definitely move him on if there is a buyer.

Agree on KEA.  N'Zog could be an impact player from the bench, so I'd only sell if the right offer came in, which I'm not expecting.  Albrighton is better moving on as Lambert doesn't set up his sides for that type of traditional winger.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2013, 11:48:39 AM »
22    Brad Guzan   In - I would also make him captain. He often leads the team 'huddle', so clearly has the respect of his teammates. 
1    Shay Given   Out - His wage could be used to strengthen other areas of the team
33    Andy Marshall   In  - I wouldn't imagine he's on much, worth keeping if only as a number.
39    Benjamin Siegrist   In - If we could bring in a solid enough keeper as back up to Guzan I would be happy for him to go out on loan though.   
4    Ron Vlaar  In - Concrete needs to be more concrete than playdoh.. I think he should either be leading the defence or be captain. I don't think he should be captain, there are too many flaws in his own game to be captain, he needs to concentrate on his own game.   
2    Alan Hutton   Out - Let's hope he stays in Spain
27    Joe Bennett   In - There is a talent there, maybe not as a LB though.       
5    Richard Dunne   Out - What a waste(r)
6    Ciaran Clark   In - He needed a rest when we had nobody else, I think he was playing with an injury which didn't help his game. Still a future Villa captain for me, but maybe we need to give him some game time as a defensive midfielder.   
29    Enda Stevens   Out - But only on loan, somewhere like Leicester or Forest   
30    Eric Lichaj   Out - He's never let us down, has a good attitude and can play a number of positions. We need an upgrade on Lihaj to move forwards.   
32    Nathan Baker   In - He needs to be a regular player in the cups and spend time on and off the bench in the league. He shouldn't have played as much as he has this season   
34    Matthew Lowton   In - Star in the making if he can tighten up some of his defensive positional play   
37    Derrick Williams   Out - But only on loan
7    Stephen Ireland   Out -  Pay him off if need be as nobody will buy him. The biggest waste of oxygen to ever wear a Villa shirt including Nigel Callaghan   
8    Karim El Ahmadi   In - I still think we have a decent player, he needs another season   
10    Charles N’Zogbia   Out  - Almost as bad as Ireland, great talent, but seen too rarely. Wages can be used elsewhere 
12    Marb Albrighton  In - BUT, out on loan until January, and then he has until the end of the season to cut it   
14    Brett Holman   Out - Not good enough
16    Fabian Delph   In - A good season from Delph
15    Ashley Westwood   In - Our Michael Carrick
18   Yacouba Sylla   In - Looks like a great signing       
25    Barry Bannan   Out - Not good enough, offers little.
31    Chris Herd   In - I'd like him to stay, his ability to play a number of positions makes him a very useful substitute   
35    Daniel Johnson   Out - but only on loan   
38    Gary Gardner   Out, then in... he should do with a good pre-season with us and then a month or so out on loan playing every week in the Championship before returning to the squad to push for a place in the XI
40    Samir Carruthers   Out - On loan for half a season to see how he copes with regular football.   
9    Darren Bent   Out - His wages are the issue, and he isn't suited to playing up top in the way Lambert gets us playing. He'd hopefully generate a few quid to spend as well.
23    Nathan Delfouneso   Out  - Not good enough 
11    Gabby Agbonlahor   In - Even when he's not firing, he worries teams and causes them to play against us differently. No team ever defends the half way line against us when Gabby plays
20    Christian Benteke   In - Absolutely!!!   
21    Jordan Bowery   In - He should be given the opportunity to replace Benteke with 20 mins left of games, or in cup games. I like his attitude and work rate, we need to see if he has the ability   
26    Andreas Weimann   In - Without doubt, he's a 'Johnny on the spot', but will graft for the team as well. Great attitude AND natural finishing ability 
36    Graham Burke   Out - On loan, somewhere like Walsall 

Offline bobdylan

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
Out for me, Dawkins, Dunne, Marshall, Makoun, Hutton, Lichaj, Bannan, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Bent, Given, Ireland and N'Zogbia.  Bring in 4 good players, GK, centre half, centre mid and forward, and I think we'll be stronger.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »
Bent going to Wet Spam apparently - according to a family member (his not mine !)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »
That would seem plausible.  He won't gt in any of the top club's teams, so a 'middle of the road' PL side is where he'll end up at.  Wouldn't be surprised if Stoke are having a sniff also!

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
Id be happy with Ireland, Dunne, Hutton out and off the wages.  They wont get in a team for me, so wages are a write off

Nzogbia is a frustration, he shows glimpses of a really good player, but then dashes your hopes.  be good if we could get good money for him

Bent needs to be sold for decent money.

Given is a good goalie, but wont start above Guzan, so if we could get a deal, it makes sense.  i think it would be a hard sell

Albrighton and Bannan are players i just dont think will make it for us, wages less of an issue, but surely good championship standard.  Maybe worth swap deals with lower league players

Delfouneso, at this point, i just dont think is good enough.  that said, i am loathe to write off strikers too early, id still look to loan him and see if he will develop.  worth building relations up with a club like Sheff United or Crewe that we seem to be working well with

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »
Out for me , Given , Marshall, Hutton, Dunne, Ireland, Bent, Delf

I think there still a decent player in Bannan and Albrighton

Offline sid1964

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »
The list of going is too long, but all of the above need to be moved on - lets just hope that someone wants them

Offline supertom

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2013, 01:19:04 PM »
There should be takes for the likes of Fonz, Alby and Bannan. After all we managed to get rid of Osbourne. I could see Bannan being wanted by either a promoted club or a Championship side. Same goes for Albrighton. As for Fonzy, I can't see him attracting any Prem interested. Probably lower half championship, league 1.

I don't think in the next few years there's any room for sentimentality. If a player isn't going to cut it, they need to move on. The above have had their chances and not cut it.

Herd and Lichaj should also move on at their age. Herd I think could offer something but Lambert doesn't rate him it seems.

Baker and Clark have one more season to come good. After that, replace them with better if they haven't improved.

I'd also agree that it's too early to let go of any of Lamberts signings. Holman, I like him, he works hard but he's nowhere near Premiership quality. He's everything you'd expect from a McLeish signing unfortunately. There was no consideration in that signing for ball control, technical ability, passing. He should be sold. Sure there'd be takers in Holland or maybe the Championship.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2013, 01:48:12 PM »
Out -
Given - too much on wages for a reserve and he will want to be playing
Dunne - thankfully his contract ending means we don't need to find a buyer
Lichaj - I like his attitude I just don't think we should be offering a new deal to someone so limited
Hutton - Just not good enough to play in the premier league, his technique is terrible, please let Mallorca make the move permanent
Makoun - Already gone, shame though, think he'd have done well in this team
Ireland - as others have said complete waste of space, offer him out for free if need be
Nzogbia - Too inconsistent to be worth keeping
Bent - If he'd be happy as a bit part player I'd keep him but I can't see it
Dawkins - has offered very little, not worth offering a longer deal to

Borderline
Bannan - I'd probably let him go, I think there's a good player in there but I don't think it will ever work for him at villa
Albrighton - Needs to get over his injuries and start doing what he did when he broke through, I'd loan him for a month and see if he can get firing again
Fonz - I'd like to see him have a few run outs in pre-season in the wider roles, if he still can't step up then try to sell later in the window

Loan out
Gardner for a month
Carruthers
Robinson
Donacien
Grealish
Burke

I like all of them, I'd love to see them have good spells in the championship for half a season and then push for the squad with us later in the year.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
What about the players we want to shake all about?

I'd like to shake Stephen Ireland all about, by the throat.

Bennett you put your left foot in .... your left foot ,no

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »
May as well do mine:

22    Brad Guzan   In - Firmly established number one.     
1    Shay Given   Out - Good luck to him, great professional and I'm sure he'll take a pay-cut to be a regular somewhere (as he did when he joined us).
33    Andy Marshall   In - Can't expect a much better third choice GK.     
39    Benjamin Siegrist   In - Should probably become our backup GK next year. If not, should be loaned out.    
4    Ron Vlaar  In - Think he will be better next season now he has adjusted to the league.     
2    Alan Hutton   Out - Will we be able to find a buyer this time? Hopefully he impressed someone on his loan spell.
27    Joe Bennett   In - Hit and miss. Still young though. Needs more competition for his place though.         
5    Richard Dunne   Out - Been pretty shite since MON left really. Not to mention his age and wages.
6    Ciaran Clark   Out - My views on him are well known. If he stays as a CB, then I just don't rate him.   
29    Enda Stevens   Out - I actually thought he looked decent but I'm saying out because PL clearly doesn't rate him and he should be playing regularly somewhere now.    
30    Eric Lichaj   Out - Same as Stevens really. Good luck to him.   
32    Nathan Baker   In - Has the raw attributes needed. Just needs to improve the tactical side of his game.    
34    Matthew Lowton   In - One of the players of the season.   
37    Derrick Williams   In - Should probably be promoted to first team now.   
7    Stephen Ireland   Out - Shame because he is a class above everyone else when he wants to be.    
8    Karim El Ahmadi   In - Talented enough, just needs to adjust to the pace of the league. Unlucky with injuries also.   
10    Charles N’Zogbia   Out - As a fan, he is the type of player I hate. The type that will play well if they feel like it. I don't want players who aren't guarenteed to give 100% every game.    
12    Marc Albrighton   Out - Pretty basic player really. Good when he was unknown but found out now.   
14    Brett Holman   Out - Unlike KEA, his problem hasn't been adjusting to the pace of the league. He just has no ability on the ball. Can see why TSM signed him.   
16    Fabian Delph   In - Fair dues to him. He was one of my favorite scapegoats. Has turned it around though.    
15    Ashley Westwood   In - Class act. Can improve on a few things still.
18   Yacouba Sylla   In - Wasn't sure about him in a few games. But proved what he can do with his display against Chelsea        
25    Barry Bannan   Out - I stuck with him longer then most but think it is in everyones interests for him to move on. Shame because he is very talented.
31    Chris Herd   In - Good versatile squad player to have.    
35    Daniel Johnson   In - Looks too good for Reserves now.    
38    Gary Gardner   In - Great shame what has happened to him but believe he can still make it. Can take inspiration from Vlaar and Delph who have gone through similar.   
40    Samir Carruthers   In - I like him but not sure PL does.   
9    Darren Bent   Out - Can't afford to have our highest earner a bit-part player. Does fit into PL's system sadly but that's football.
23    Nathan Delfouneso   ??? - I wouldn't mind him given one more chance but wouldn't be upset if he was sold either. I'll leave it to PL's judgement.    
11    Gabby Agbonlahor   In - I was quite anti him for a while. But he has rediscovered some form.   
20    Christian Benteke   In - 23 goals. Enough said.    
21    Jordan Bowery   In - Deserves a fair chance.   
26    Andreas Weimann   In - Works well in the system. Needs to work on his stamina though.    
36    Graham Burke   In - Should be loaned out probably.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal