collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: In Or Out For Next Season ?  (Read 9937 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: In Or Out For Next Season ?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 05:03:43 AM »
Thanks for the memories Dunne, Ireland & Hutton. Assume Given will go as he's a bit pricey as a back-up and unfortunately guess you have to say the same about Bent. I'd persist with Holman but guess he's off too and don't think it's going to happen for Bannan here.

Albeit one of them is out of contract but reckon we'll find buyers for all the other six? I'm not holding my breath...

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 05:31:55 AM »
I assume we would get a taker for the Fonz since he's still making the England under 21 squad.  What should we ask for him?

50 crates of Pot Noodles.
And some Tesco's Set of Knives coupons.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:34 AM »
No way we are going to able to shift Dunne, Ireland, Bent, Hutton and Given as they are on fat contracts which is a huge shame as they don't belong in the new LambertVilla.

Offline eastie

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 06:43:36 AM »
Albrighton was borderline for me, what went against him for me was he's 24 at the end of the year and has shown little form for over 2 years. Such a shame because as ger says, he looked like he might be the real deal. I watched that season review a while ago ago and for those few months when he was on form he looked a real prospect.

Agree, he has really lost his way in the last 2 years and at best needs a spell on loan to recover some form and confidence.

Offline eastie

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 06:47:28 AM »
No way we are going to able to shift Dunne, Ireland, Bent, Hutton and Given as they are on fat contracts which is a huge shame as they don't belong in the new LambertVilla.

I feel a bit sorry for given and bent that they are bracketed along with the likes of dunne and Ireland .
Bent and given are still quality players and give their best although they are not in the team , their wages are huge and it is best if both find regular football elsewhere.

The likes of dunne and Ireland are not the good pros that the other two are - as long as they leave i couldn't give a toss what happens with them.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 08:56:11 AM »
personally I'd pay Ireland, Dunne and Hutton off. Draw a line and move on. Chalk it up as a prank even.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 08:58:54 AM »
personally I'd pay Ireland, Dunne and Hutton off. Draw a line and move on. Chalk it up as a prank even.
We don't have to pay Dunne off The malingering git is out of contract. Good riddance

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »
Those to go for me - Ireland, Given, Dunne, Holman, KEA, Bannan, Albrighton, Fonz, Dawkins. Personally I'd keep Bent if he wanted to stay and we can carry such wages fir an impact player. The rest can be given away or sold on the car boot.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »
I reckon El Ahmadi might come good yet. Remember it took Petrov a while to settle and he came from a Feyenoord-sized club.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
Out: Hutton, Dunne (contract ends September - pay it off and get rid), Stevens, Ireland (MLS - the only place to find someone stupid enough to buy him?), Holman, Bannan, Makoun, Bent and Delfouneso, and send Dawkins back to Spurs. And of course we also sadly lose Stan.

I'd hang on to Given for another year - we need an experienced back up for Guzan and not sure Marshall or Siegrist are up to it yet. I'd also hang on to KEA and N'Zogbia, and give Albrighton one last chance to come good again but I don't hold out too much hope for that one.

That frees up wages to bring in some decent players (an experienced CB and dominant MF as an absolute minimum) and also improve contracts for the likes of Benteke and Weimann.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
I'd let go....

Ireland
Hutton
Dunne
Given
Bent (providing we have a decent replacement and fee for him)
N'Zogbia (again if we got a good offer)

I'd send Stevens and Bowery out on loan.

Offline Loxton01

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 10:29:13 AM »
For me we are at a crossroads and we need to kick on. We finished 8 points from 8th this season. Below Liverpool all sides are much of a muchness. I want to finish 8th next season and I certainly believe thats achieveable.

For me Lambert has to be ruthless this summer. Pretty much every player has had the opportunity to stake their claim. For the likes of Weimann, Westwood and recently Delph, Sylla they have taken it and have kicked on. For the likes of Bannan, Ireland, Holman, NZog they have had their chance and they need to go. We cant carry players who Lambert doesnt trust as they will be picking up a huge wage and wont be played so why have them [ala Routledge, Maloney, Beye in the MON days].

We need a squad of 22 players next season plus a few kids e.g. Gardner, Williams, Burke. All 22 players need to be players Lambert is prepared to play at any time in the season.

My OUTS

Given, Stevens, Dunne, Holman, Albrighton, Bannan, Ireland, Fonz, Bent, NZog, Makoun

All of the above with the exception of Makoun and Dunne who clearly wont feature again have had a chance. I think Bent has been unlucky but for the rest they have had a chance to prove themselves I just do not think they are either a) good enough or b) Lambert doesnt see them fitting into his system or his philosophy.

INS

That leaves a squad of

GK - (1) - Guzan

Defenders (6)        - Lowton, Lichaj [New Deal], Bennett, Baker, Clark, Vlaar

Midfield ( 5 )     - Sylla, Westwood, Delph, KEA [Needs to improve], Gardner, Herd

Forwards/Wingers (4)        -Benteke, Weimann, Gabby, Bowery,

Thats a total of 17 players. For me we need to go and get 5 new players. Lambert's players who are better than what we had or got rid of -we need to improve the quality now. We need a new CH a leader a presence. We need a midfielder who gets beyond the strikers to play at the tip of the three and chips in with goals. We then need 2 striker/wingers who are better and more consistent than NZog, IReland, Fonz etc.

We would generate circa 20 million from sales and if Lerner gave Lambo another 20 million he would buy better quality im convinced of that.

To move forward we have to complete the removal of the deadwood like dunne, ireland and although tough say goodbye to players Like Bannan, Fonz and Albrighton who have tried to cease their chance but just havent quite made the grade.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »

Dunne's contract does end this summer, and there is some interest in Bent.  Bent put himself in the shop window yesterday and scored a good goal which will help.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2013, 11:13:56 AM »

Dunne's contract does end this summer, and there is some interest in Bent.  Bent put himself in the shop window yesterday and scored a good goal which will help.

Yep - Dunne is no issue as he's out of contract.

As for the others, I can see us needing to make some form of pay off to them.  But if they're no going to figure, then that still makes financial sense.  I can see both Given and Ireland going on season long loans somewhere. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:18:28 AM by Concrete John »

Online tomd2103

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
Out: Hutton, Dunne (contract ends September - pay it off and get rid), Stevens, Ireland (MLS - the only place to find someone stupid enough to buy him?), Holman, Bannan, Makoun, Bent and Delfouneso, and send Dawkins back to Spurs. And of course we also sadly lose Stan.

I'd hang on to Given for another year - we need an experienced back up for Guzan and not sure Marshall or Siegrist are up to it yet. I'd also hang on to KEA and N'Zogbia, and give Albrighton one last chance to come good again but I don't hold out too much hope for that one.

That frees up wages to bring in some decent players (an experienced CB and dominant MF as an absolute minimum) and also improve contracts for the likes of Benteke and Weimann.

Yeah I would definitely give KEA another chance and would send Albrighton out on loan to see if he can recapture his early promise.  I just can't see N'Zogbia ever really producing on a regular basis so would definitely move him on if there is a buyer. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal