collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fun Fun Fun  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Re: Fun Fun Fun
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 08:13:12 AM »
My Albion supporting mate is so convinced that they did everything they could to send us down that he's expecting Albion to be brought up on match fixing charges.

My hatred for them knows no bounds. They have now shown their hand and it has left them red faced. Down they go next year, there to stay for many years to come.

Indeed, and if the roles are reversed, I still won't say anything. I'll just smile.

That's why the noses in our area don't give us grief (on the rare opportunity it arises) as we support Villa rather than go out of our way to be obnoxious to fans of other teams.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 08:21:39 AM »
A couple of the younger plastic mancs I know were genuinely perplexed when I said that I would continue to support Villa if we went down.  They seemed to think I would have to have a 'prem team' to support instead and that as Manyoo were the greatest I would start supporting them.  I blame Sky...

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 08:31:19 AM »
Albion are a plucky little club who have done amazingly well for a club of their size. It's great to see a club with such a tiny ground and scant resources up there and mixing it with the big boys. I am really happy to see a minnows like Albion having some success at last.

Patronise them to an inch of their life. They hate it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 09:15:32 AM »
I didn't realise until the other day how small the Hawthorns was. I thought it was about the same size as the sty but apparently capacity is only 26,272. Slightly bigger than Wigan and smaller than Bolton. Pride of the Midlands indeed.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 09:30:14 AM »
Living outside of the West Midlands I literally don't know any Blues, Albion, Wolves fans. What I will say about fans of various other teams is that they've all been convinced we'd stay up far more than I was and the majority seem to be pleased we've done so. I've heard a lot of praise for sticking with Lambert, young team going to be better next season etc. When things were going badly I found this a touch patronising but I like hearing it now!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 09:38:01 AM »
It's also worth remembering that this is the Bitter's best season for 32 years. The best a generation of their fans have ever known. They'll finish 8th or 9th.

And another fun stat, next time they try and take the piss out of our gates, remind them that only twice in their history have they had a higher average than we've had this season. That was in 1950 & 1954. We know what they are.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
I didn't realise until the other day how small the Hawthorns was. I thought it was about the same size as the sty but apparently capacity is only 26,272. Slightly bigger than Wigan and smaller than Bolton. Pride of the Midlands indeed.

It's a well known fact that you can touch the roof of the main stand from the touchline, it is the smallest main stand in all four leagues and the most reported incidents for St John Ambulance to attend during the season are head injuries from fans bumping their heads on the roof when standing up to sing about Aston Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal