collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Worst Villa moments of the season.  (Read 10385 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Worst Villa moments of the season.
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2013, 12:14:53 PM »
Losing at Southampton. I realised then it was highly unlikely we were going to win the league.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2013, 01:04:51 PM »
Losing at Southampton. I realised then it was highly unlikely we were going to win the league.

I was there, very depressing second half. Blues did cheer me up a bit afterwards, by losing something like 5-0 at home to Barnsley.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2013, 01:14:14 PM »
The bit between the opening game against West Ham and last Tuesday night.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2013, 01:24:28 PM »

Harsh there were some really good bits this season, but for me the overall worst bit was the defensive organisation across the season.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »

Harsh there were some really good bits this season, but for me the overall worst bit was the defensive organisation across the season.

Ah, it was a tongue in cheek comment really, albeit with a grain of truth: during the early part of the season we played mostly shite, and from Christmas onwards I don't think there was a single day I wasn't bricking myself at the prospect of relegation. Strangely, though, since Podolski knocked in his second on Tuesday night, I've been more optimistic about the future than in many a year. Talk about a rollercoaster season...

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »

Ah, it was a tongue in cheek comment really, albeit with a grain of truth: during the early part of the season we played mostly shite, and from Christmas onwards I don't think there was a single day I wasn't bricking myself at the prospect of relegation. Strangely, though, since Podolski knocked in his second on Tuesday night, I've been more optimistic about the future than in many a year. Talk about a rollercoaster season...

Ah fair enough!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
The most annoying thing of the season was some tit in front of me at half time at West Ham saying “things are no better than last year”. After 45 minutes. Impatient arse.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »
Maybe not strictly the season but during the run-up to it one of the worst moments on here was that night when Ole GS went to dinner with the owner of Molde (Neerland?) to say goodbye and then the news came out that he would be staying instead of coming to Villa. I still remember the 'Herrings and Vikings' page PWS created. What fun we all had with those name changes.  The constant use of those o.

Rather pleased with the outcome since then, though, apart from Sunday and Monday this week!

Online Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2013, 02:59:17 PM »
Toss-up between Bradford away & Wigan at home. Both utter, utter shite.

Online McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »
Bradford - the game and being asked at Aston station afterward if I "only come to the big games" which I still find a bit baffling.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »
The last 30 minutes against Bradford at Villa Park was the worst football I've seen by a Villa side in 40 odd years given the context. The five players strung across the front, no shape of any kind, Stephen Ireland hiding among others, and their goalkeeper barely making a save in that time - against a side three divisions below us. That was as low as it got - not just this season, but many a season.

I take it you didn't get down much during 2011-12?

Online martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2013, 11:43:37 AM »
Its a toss up between being in a pub full of noses during the Chelsea debacle, or the 2nd half against Bradford at VP. Faith-testing moments.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal