collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Dr Butler
[Today at 12:27:11 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:23:50 PM]

Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:16:20 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 12:15:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:10:05 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:09:08 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Worst Villa moments of the season.  (Read 10397 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Worst Villa moments of the season.
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
Bradford and 15-0 obviously.

Not sure what the 3rd one would be, the Millwall cup exit have an air of inevitably about it and all the other league defeats were run of the mill.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
While almost every other Villa fan left the pub, I stuck out the Chelsea away game in my local. I can still hear to howling and cheering as each goal hit the back of the net. It was mainly, young, gobby Sandwell fans, two of which were my girlfriends nephews. To his credit, her brother, who is also Sandwell launched a stout defence on my behalf, accusing all the young clowns of having short memories.

Events like this only serve to harden my resolve and there was no such glee during the league game at the Yawnthorns, where the Sandwell fans were of furrowed brow and meek in comparison.

And a special mention to a lady who is regular in the pub and passionate Villa fan, as she left on that Sunday just before Christmas, she launched into a tirade at those giggling ninnies, giving them a round of fucks that has gone down on folklore.

Nice one Jules.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
The last 30 minutes against Bradford at Villa Park was the worst football I've seen by a Villa side in 40 odd years given the context. The five players strung across the front, no shape of any kind, Stephen Ireland hiding among others, and their goalkeeper barely making a save in that time - against a side three divisions below us. That was as low as it got - not just this season, but many a season.
Agree with every word of this.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
I really hated the penalty we 'conceded' against Southampton. Just the combination of the tension and importance of the game, the comic incompetence of our defence in the build-up and the injustice of the blatant dive made me, at that moment, convinced it was just not our season.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
We seem to have come through what I think was the worst bit of the season, the 15-0 and the Bradford games, really well.  Since that time, we've been pretty good.  Credit to Lambert for doing what he believed in.  I hope it pays off next season.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 05:58:47 PM »
Walking away fro Valley Parade thinking hw could they? And I still had hope but that weak with aggregate loss to Bradford and FA cup defeat by Milwall.... Can't get any worse that that.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »
Would it be fair to say that the run of results from Chelsea away to Newcastle home were the worst in our history? Or recent history at least?

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
the combined 15-0 over Christmas, but specifically the 8-0 at Chelsea which after all is now our heaviest ever defeat in our 139 year existence - nuff said.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »
Wigan. I couldn't bear to face my family after that one, I was in such a vile, vile temper. They had done nothing to deaerve that. So I just sat outside in the rain waiting to go numb. It took a long time.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »
The week in which we fucked up the 2 goal lead at Albion, went out of the Carling Cup to Bradford and Went out of the FA Cup to Millwall

All due to Lambert's tactics. What was he drinking/smoking/snorting that week?

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »
The week in which we fucked up the 2 goal lead at Albion, went out of the Carling Cup to Bradford and Went out of the FA Cup to Millwall

I was working in India that week, caught the second half of the Smethwick game at the airport which put me on a downer for the rest of the journey.  Learned of the other two results when I woke up the following morning.  Bradford was bad enough and Millwall on the Friday night was half-expected, but that Saturday morning I had an authentic case of Delhi belly and spent five miserable sodding hours in a taxi going to see the Taj Mahal.  If I'd had a gun, I would seriously have thought about shooting myself.

That was just about my lowest ebb supporting the Villa.  The turnaround since then has been incredible though.

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 06:14:48 PM »
Henandez's 3rd at VP was pretty hard to take, even though it was inevitable. Going 2 down to Newcastle was absolutely horrible, with the realisation I had to go and face a bunch of gurning Jawdees at work the next day. Other than that, pretty much what others have said. Saying that, I wasn't that bothered by the 8-0 at Chelsea. I was bizarrely very calm about it. The 3-0 against Wigan was the hardest to take in that run.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »
It's because there is a respectable logic to losing to spurs and Chelsea. The only way to rationalise losing 3-0 at home to Wigan is that your team is totally crap.

Offline Hale

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
What have Guzan Lowton & Benteke in common?

If you answered the 3 best players of the season - probably - but also all 3 started each of the three games in December adding up to 0 - 15.

So my point - our lows are shared by us and the players and all parties are more positive about the future.

Praise should go to all those who have given such great support (IMO it compares to the early 70's and our previous "lowest point") and to the players and coaches who have come through.

UTV

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 06:40:50 PM »
The Christmas period without a doubt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal