collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New kit and commercials - (now with added poll)  (Read 234634 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: New kit and commercials - (now with added poll)
« Reply #1080 on: March 31, 2014, 06:56:47 PM »
The problem is even if they are of material designed to be worn by athletes rather than fat blokes down the pub, once you start flogging them to fat blokes at 35 quid a pop you need to be sure they won't fall apart after three washes.

I don't buy them so am not hugely bothered but if they are of such poor quality, that is disappointing.

Have to say I find their designs over fussy. That stuff around the collar on the home shirt is horrible. Ruins what would other wise be a decent design.

It'd be good if we could combine getting them in the shops on times with decent quality and design though

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #1081 on: March 31, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »
Buy the retro ones, they never age and they are made of good material.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1082 on: March 31, 2014, 07:26:17 PM »
The problem is even if they are of material designed to be worn by athletes rather than fat blokes down the pub, once you start flogging them to fat blokes at 35 quid a pop you need to be sure they won't fall apart after three washes.

I don't buy them so am not hugely bothered but if they are of such poor quality, that is disappointing.

Have to say I find their designs over fussy. That stuff around the collar on the home shirt is horrible. Ruins what would other wise be a decent design.

It'd be good if we could combine getting them in the shops on times with decent quality and design though

what I was really saying is that the material they are made of is the material the real gear is made of and not meant to be worn by fat blokes over and over again, and washed with their sweaty rod holders. Yes, the material isn't good, too thin, which is why I don't buy them and stick to some of the other stuff that is on offer like the training gear. I haven't bought a Villa top since the Acorns Nike top which is quality, and generally go with a couple of retro items

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1083 on: March 31, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »
I buy them at the end of the season when they are dirt cheap.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1084 on: March 31, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »
Buy the retro ones, they never age and they are made of good material.

They shrink in the wash. Even on a cool wash my one shrunk.

I wouldn't mind Adidas making them provided it was trefoil/originals. Adidas are making kits for far too many nobodies like Stoke, West Ham etc. At least we have something unique.

For me, in order:

Umbro, Under Armor, Puma (provided it was an original template), don't care about the rest.

Have a feeling we will probably end up with something like Warrior once the current deal is up.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1085 on: March 31, 2014, 08:35:08 PM »

what I was really saying is that the material they are made of is the material the real gear is made of and not meant to be worn by fat blokes over and over again, and washed with their sweaty rod holders. Yes, the material isn't good, too thin, which is why I don't buy them and stick to some of the other stuff that is on offer like the training gear. I haven't bought a Villa top since the Acorns Nike top which is quality, and generally go with a couple of retro items

I think they should at least stand up to more than a couple of washes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal