collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robbie Savage  (Read 12135 times)

Offline adam#1

Robbie Savage
« on: May 15, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »
Just to say absolutely horrified at the sick Tweet some supposed Villa fan sent Savage about his Dad.

That kind of offensive behaviour should be considered a criminal offence, and if the guy who tweeted is a member here I hope they get banned (but presumably they're too scared; will hide behind a pseudonym rather than having the guts to come forward and apologise for their behaviour). If they are a season ticket holder I also hope the club find out who they are and ban them for life.

There is no place for this kind of personalised sick taunting ever, and I hate that the lowlife who posted it is linked to our club.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Robbie Savage
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »
Twitter, the battleground of the stupid and cowardly.

As for Savage, i'd love to join in with the "I hate him" camp, but I don't, as to hate him i'd actually have to care about him.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »
I can't say i'm a big fan of the bloke really but there's always some idiots around. That's twitter for you sometimes.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:19:33 PM »
Unfortunately every club seems to have a mindless minority who get kicks out of such things. I've seen Birmingham and Rangers fans wishing death on Petrov (while the vast majority have been sympathetic).

I'm not on Twitter, but I'm sure those of you that are can reassure Mr Savage that the moron in question does not represent the views of the rest of us.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
Probably just some daft kid.
I'm sure Savage will milk it though.

Offline eastie

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »
I can't say i'm a big fan of the bloke really but there's always some idiots around. That's twitter for you sometimes.

Indeed there are clampy!

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »
The great thing about this site is that pondlife, when they do occasionally surface, are frightened off by a combination of good grammar, spelling and reasoned argument.

Except for threads about Thatcher of course.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »

Indeed there are clampy!

Indeed!

Offline eastie

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »
Unfortunately every club seems to have a mindless minority who get kicks out of such things. I've seen Birmingham and Rangers fans wishing death on Petrov (while the vast majority have been sympathetic).

I'm not on Twitter, but I'm sure those of you that are can reassure Mr Savage that the moron in question does not represent the views of the rest of us.

Not heard anything about this message but i think savage is worth following on twitter - he's mellowed with age  and any comments made about his father are well out of order - hopefully the culprit can be traced.

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »
What exactly did the tweet say? 

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »
Freedom of speech is a bit too free these days.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »
Savage has been stoking it though. Say things that he knew would generate a reaction, waiting for the first stupid response and then using it to generalise all Villa fans. Still a twunt of the highest order.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »
Savage is an idiot, so are the so called fans that bite when he stoked it up. Not that it's justified but he knew he would get a reaction by posting what he did (something along the lines of Villa were celebrating a European Cup in the past and now they are celebrating staying up). File him alongside Barton as wanting to be in the limelight...

Offline eastie

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »
What exactly did the tweet say? 

Just checked -

@RobbieSavage8: Actually it was very peaceful RT @ajavfc: @RobbieSavage8 i hope your dad had a painful death

Distasteful and totally uncalled for , whatever you think of him.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »
That is very poor behaviour. Although, its not a criminal offence to be an idiot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal