collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fergie's retirement & our future  (Read 2525 times)

Offline KKAVFC

Fergie's retirement & our future
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »
Although I am not in any way shape or form a fan of Fergie's you have to admit his record & achievements in football will probably never be surpassed. The reason for my post is that more than once he brought young players into the fold -- we all know who they are -- & developed/ incorporated them into his teams alongside experienced professionals and the rest is history ! I truly believe that PL is also thinking in these terms with our current & future crops of young talent. Once Randy decided to allows him to sign some experience in the summer I am sure it will go a long way to ensuring we will once more begin to compete as a force in the PL (providing we get 1 or 2 more points before the season's end !).

Offline eastie

Re: Fergie's retirement & our future
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:20:48 PM »
Although I am not in any way shape or form a fan of Fergie's you have to admit his record & achievements in football will probably never be surpassed. The reason for my post is that more than once he brought young players into the fold -- we all know who they are -- & developed/ incorporated them into his teams alongside experienced professionals and the rest is history ! I truly believe that PL is also thinking in these terms with our current & future crops of young talent. Once Randy decided to allows him to sign some experience in the summer I am sure it will go a long way to ensuring we will once more begin to compete as a force in the PL (providing we get 1 or 2 more points before the season's end !).

Both being covered in detail on other threads .

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 02:35:28 PM »
IBTL.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:26 PM »
To be fair, it's such a big topic, I don't get why it can't be put in this forum.

Offline eastie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
Not in any way knocking the poster , just saying fergie is being discussed in other football and our future is being well debated on several threads.
Sometimes new posters aren't aware of the other football thread on the site .

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
As far as I'm concerned there really isn't enough about this in the national media and the more threads there are about it on an Aston Villa forum the better.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »
To be fair, it's such a big topic, I don't get why it can't be put in this forum.
Because it's nothing to do with Villa. The death of Margaret Thatcher was a big topic as well and that wasn't in this forum either.

It's why we have an 'Other Football' forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal