collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Current form  (Read 10743 times)

Offline robbo1874

Re: Current form
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 09:58:26 PM »
There can be no complaints at our form since the Everton away game. Comfortable top half. The teething troubles between August-January are what we should rue if it comes to relegation. Which it wont.

Teething troubles is exactly what they were - we're going forward not back
The big thing for me is how toothless we looked in those opening months, so many games like West Ham, Fulham and Everton where we barely had shots on target, we were what the likes of Stoke and Norwich are now.

Chalk and cheese, I believe since Swansea game we've scored 30 league goals, before that we'd scored 14 goals in about 19 games. We just have goals in us now.

As the manager would say "we're a right good team at the minute."

And incredibly we're only 3-4 points off 9th! So we're closer to top 10 than being relegated.

Offline peter w

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
Credit goes where its due, definitely. But because of what largely went before we could still be relegated. Every game is massive for us and we have played well in many games since Newcastle. But we don't want to be going to Wigan on the last game having to get something. If they haven't gone down by then it means they will be on their usual end of season role. And we, still, can't keep a clean sheet. Its like starting every game 1-0 down because you know its coming. And being 1-0 down in our last two huge games is not the stuff of survival.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »
That bloody Fulham draw in there could still kill us!

You are a bundle of fun today lol. Maybe we should credit the team for having the guts to win massive games against west ham, reading, Stoke, QPR, Sunderland and Norwich

Offline peter w

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »
That bloody Fulham draw in there could still kill us!

You are a bundle of fun today lol. Maybe we should credit the team for having the guts to win massive games against west ham, reading, Stoke, QPR, Sunderland and Norwich

I think he already has.

Offline Tony

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 10:11:36 PM »
If we get relegated on 40 points, I'd be absolutely gutted. That would be tough to take. It could come to that, but I can't see it happening.
That said, I'm fairly confident we'll pick up some more points in the last two games. I can see us beating Wigan to be honest. I don't envision us being in the bottom 3 at the start of that game, and even if Wigan have to win that game to relegate us instead of them, I think that will play into our front 3's hands.

If Sunderland don't win on Monday, we cannot be in the bottom 3 at the start of the Wigan game due to Sunderland playing Southampton next week. I agree that being relegated on 40 points would be tough to take but when you consider that we are only 3 points off 9th, it shows how tight it all is.

One big plus for us is that our current form is excellent.

Offline supertom

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 10:21:41 PM »
If we get relegated on 40 points, I'd be absolutely gutted. That would be tough to take. It could come to that, but I can't see it happening.
That said, I'm fairly confident we'll pick up some more points in the last two games. I can see us beating Wigan to be honest. I don't envision us being in the bottom 3 at the start of that game, and even if Wigan have to win that game to relegate us instead of them, I think that will play into our front 3's hands.

If Sunderland don't win on Monday, we cannot be in the bottom 3 at the start of the Wigan game due to Sunderland playing Southampton next week. I agree that being relegated on 40 points would be tough to take but when you consider that we are only 3 points off 9th, it shows how tight it all is.

One big plus for us is that our current form is excellent.
They have to be worrying in the North East. If Wigan don't go down, I'd fancy one of those two for the drop, or possibly Norwich given they're struggling to score.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »
I think we are not too far off just need 2 or 3 very top quality players especially in central defender and playmaker role. Now if Richard Dunne is fit and healthy and hungry and Stephen Ireland is in the mood and hungry we are almost there.

Offline danno

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:15 PM »
I think we are not too far off just need 2 or 3 very top quality players especially in central defender and playmaker role. Now if Richard Dunne is fit and healthy and hungry and Stephen Ireland is in the mood and hungry we are almost there.

lol

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »
Richard Dunne is always hungry.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »

I see where you are going. We get Dunne to eat Ireland. Like it.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 11:10:54 PM »

Sorry but Stephen Ireland is one the most overrated players in the history of the Club.  Also a massive bellend too.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 12:31:59 AM »
I hope to never see Stephen Ireland anywhere near a Villa shirt again. Ever. Ever!!

Offline Andy1874

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 12:45:19 AM »
Its frightening to see how much shit we'd be in without this form.

We've beat every team around us, and fair fucks to lambert.

I dont know any villa fan who doesnt back the man, could be a legend ..

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 03:02:29 AM »
Stephen Ireland has probably been a salsa party animal for the last few months.

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 03:51:06 AM »
Ireland - as useless as an used condom.  The earliest he f**ks off the better.  The mere mention of his name makes me boiled.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal