collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 04:42:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 04:37:45 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by AV82EC
[Today at 04:35:28 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:29:07 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Hookeysmith
[Today at 04:27:23 PM]

150 celebrations by Dave P
[Today at 04:16:04 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:09:00 PM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Villan82
[Today at 04:07:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Current form  (Read 10736 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Current form
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
Of our last 8 we've won 5, drawn 1 lost 2. Right now the only clubs with a better record are Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton, who are 1 point better off with records of  W5 D2 L1.

Much credit to Lambert and the players for showing what they are capable of, especially when under so much pressure.

P.s.
Champions League it is then next year!

Offline Ross

Re: Current form
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »
Credit where it's due we are showing a degree of resilience of thought we were incapable of. The reaction to adversity especially during a game has been superb.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »
Lots of character since the Christmas period. Getting something at Swansea was massive, but even that came with a kick in the teeth. I think we had to beat Reading and QPR and we did. I thought we had to beat Sunderland and Norwich and we did. The seven points from the West Ham, Stoke and Fulham games were massive. We seem to have accepted we will concede goals and just pick ourselves up and score another ourselves.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 07:00:07 PM »
That bloody Fulham draw in there could still kill us!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 07:07:34 PM »
There can be no complaints at our form since the Everton away game. Comfortable top half. The teething troubles between August-January are what we should rue if it comes to relegation. Which it wont.

Offline eastie

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:19:28 PM »

Or equally it could keep us from a top 10 finish - those 2 points would see us a point off 9th place swansea- thats how tight it is.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »

Or the penalty that shouldn't have been in the home game to Southampton ...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 08:36:35 PM »
There can be no complaints at our form since the Everton away game. Comfortable top half. The teething troubles between August-January are what we should rue if it comes to relegation. Which it wont.

The big thing for me is how toothless we looked in those opening months, so many games like West Ham, Fulham and Everton where we barely had shots on target, we were what the likes of Stoke and Norwich are now.

Chalk and cheese, I believe since Swansea game we've scored 30 league goals, before that we'd scored 14 goals in about 19 games. We just have goals in us now.

As the manager would say "we're a right good team at the minute."

And incredibly we're only 3-4 points off 9th! So we're closer to top 10 than being relegated.

Offline nigel

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 08:43:20 PM »

The big thing for me is how toothless we looked in those opening months, so many games like West Ham, Fulham and Everton where we barely had shots on target, we were what the likes of Stoke and Norwich are now.

Chalk and cheese, I believe since Swansea game we've scored 30 league goals, before that we'd scored 14 goals in about 19 games. We just have goals in us now.

As the manager would say "we're a right good team at the minute."

And incredibly we're only 3-4 points off 9th! So we're closer to top 10 than being relegated.

New manager, new players, new system. It all takes time to gel together.

If I could scroll back and find my early posts, I predicted this season would be similar to Houliers, Up and Down, bit of a struggle but finding form for the last 6 or so games.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »
Things were picking up pre xmas in fairness, the Liverpool win should've been the Launchpad the recent good wins have been but that was followed by the horrible Chelsea game which knocked us majorly back for 6 weeks and that period could still relegate us.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 08:53:49 PM »
We are a team getting used to each other and some of the younger players have found that hard, their response since the pressure has really come on has been superb, who would not have settled a week ago for 6 points and a plus 6 goal difference, it should be enough to keep us safe, I just hope to God it is, we dont deserve to go down after the last 6 or 7 matches.

Offline wexfordvillan

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 08:58:07 PM »
id be quietly confident of picking up two wins in the next two games aswell, Chelsea have a lot of games piling up at the minute

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »
Importantly, if we want to get something from Chelsea and, of course, Wigan, then the winning habit we've built up may well come in handy. Today, as against Reading and QPR, they showed a refusal to let setbacks ruin the day as they did earlier in the season. It's hugely cheering, but I'm still a Swansea fan this week because it is far too close for comfort.

Offline wexfordvillan

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 09:01:22 PM »
Importantly, if we want to get something from Chelsea and, of course, Wigan, then the winning habit we've built up may well come in handy. Today, as against Reading and QPR, they showed a refusal to let setbacks ruin the day as they did earlier in the season. It's hugely cheering, but I'm still a Swansea fan this week because it is far too close for comfort.

and stoke on Monday :o

Offline supertom

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 09:49:06 PM »
If we get relegated on 40 points, I'd be absolutely gutted. That would be tough to take. It could come to that, but I can't see it happening.
That said, I'm fairly confident we'll pick up some more points in the last two games. I can see us beating Wigan to be honest. I don't envision us being in the bottom 3 at the start of that game, and even if Wigan have to win that game to relegate us instead of them, I think that will play into our front 3's hands.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal