collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 20.04.08  (Read 7858 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: 20.04.08
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 11:41:44 PM »
The most perfect, satisfying trip to the Villa I've taken despite the God-awful weather. Flew over from Dublin, stayed in a B&B somewhere near Edgbaston. Got off at Witton station with me mate, an Italian on his first trip to VP, pissing people off with our luggage bags getting in the way of people making their way to the ground. The staff kindly minded them at the entrance to the North Stand where we had a great view of the three second-half goals. Couldn't have gone much better really.

Scary to think it's been five years. Christ, you'd fit the entire career of The Smiths into a similar timespan.

From memory the day was overcast and drizzly but don't recall really bad weather, could be wrong.

Great game though. We were a bit slow to get going first 10 minutes but once Young got the opener it was a destruction. Barry had one of his best Villa games that day, midfield masterclass from start to finish.

My Birthday's next week so I always enjoy derby games against them around this date as we always seem to win them.

We beat them 6-0 on my eighteenth birthday so beat that! ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal