collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul the Pauper  (Read 10926 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Paul the Pauper
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 09:06:27 AM »
When it's confirmed that we are still in this division come May he should have his salary doubled.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 09:06:55 AM »
When it's confirmed that we are still in this division come May he should have his salary doubled.

Why?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »
Perhaps he's paid for performance? 

5th reply is one taking the piss out his performance despite the fact that, in most measures on the performance of a CEO, he's doing pretty well.  I expected it to be in the first 3 but Dave W bought a couple of posts by posting Niall Quinn's salary.

Years of appalling losses, falling turnover, the appointment of a manager like McLeish.....how exactly is he doing well.  No wonder he doesn't earn very much.

Years of appalling losses based on contracts signed before he was in place.  Falling turnover is a direct result of our on the pitch performances.  I agree regarding McLeish but that decision seemed to come from Randy more than Faulkner.

As I've said before, if we were doing well on the pitch things like the carbon neutral status and signing the biggest shirt sponsor and kit sponsor in our history would be seen as good things, along with others, but because we've not played well for a few seasons a lot of people on here can see nothing positive, that was my point.  We have a CEO who has seen some commercial success but is taking a salary far lower than many of his contemporaries but it only took 5 posts for someone to say it's all he deserves.

I'm just not a big fan of the amount of shit Faulkner and Lerner get on here, they've both made mistakes, with TSM top of the list, too many people seem to want to have a villain to blame for us not challenging at the top of the league every season.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 09:26:14 AM »

5th reply is one taking the piss out his performance despite the fact that, in most measures on the performance of a CEO, he's doing pretty well.  I expected it to be in the first 3 but Dave W bought a couple of posts by posting Niall Quinn's salary.

Years of appalling losses, falling turnover, the appointment of a manager like McLeish.....how exactly is he doing well.  No wonder he doesn't earn very much.

Years of appalling losses based on contracts signed before he was in place.  Falling turnover is a direct result of our on the pitch performances.  I agree regarding McLeish but that decision seemed to come from Randy more than Faulkner.

As I've said before, if we were doing well on the pitch things like the carbon neutral status and signing the biggest shirt sponsor and kit sponsor in our history would be seen as good things, along with others, but because we've not played well for a few seasons a lot of people on here can see nothing positive, that was my point.  We have a CEO who has seen some commercial success but is taking a salary far lower than many of his contemporaries but it only took 5 posts for someone to say it's all he deserves.

I'm just not a big fan of the amount of shit Faulkner and Lerner get on here, they've both made mistakes, with TSM top of the list, too many people seem to want to have a villain to blame for us not challenging at the top of the league every season.

He took that mantle over from MON about a year after he left.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »

Paul - a rather more erudite comment; and one with which I largely agree.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »

Reward him for yet another awful season? No wonder we're in the shit with an attitude like that.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »

He gave us McLeish, Macron and relegation battles, but at least we're carbon neutral.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 11:30:38 AM »
Whats wrong with Macron? They're paying us more dollar than anybody else?

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 11:33:44 AM »

Don't let that get in the way of blind fury.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 11:54:45 AM »
Well said Paul E, 100% agree

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »

The kits are dire.

But it doesn't surprise me that people are leaping to the defence of Faulkner, poor performance and striving for mediocrity have become endemic at Villa.  If he worked for anybody else who wasn't a) his mate, and b) equally hopeless, he'd have been sacked ages ago.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2013, 12:04:36 PM »

The kits are dire.
Personally it's my favourite Villa kit to actually play football in for years.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »

The kits are dire.

Away shirt is ace I reckon!  Wearing it now!

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »

The kits are dire.

Is it more "breathable"?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »

Why?

From a business point of view.  He's been given a brief to reduce the wage bill to an acceptable level, one in which is a step to the organization being self sustainable.  This strategy is the wish of the owner.  If we stay in the division it will be mission accomplished.  Aside from that he has implemented changes in commercial areas which have resulted in increased revenues.  So purely from a business point of view he's doing a good job if we do stay up.

Yes, it's been an awful season for a club of our size but you are well aware the 'plan' is to steer the club in a different direction to try and achieve success.  The first step has been painful as we see from our current position.  Next season we will see if it's been worth it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal