collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary Gardner - Back in full training  (Read 14887 times)

Offline neo_Villan

Re: Gary Gardener - Back in full training
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »
Did any one at the time think Andy Weinmann would come so good?  I dont remember a lot being said about him
I remember that quite a few people who attend the Reserve games used to tell me that they rated Weimann more then the Fonz. That was about 3/4 years ago when the Fonz was considered the next big thing by most Villans.

Offline Gompedyret

• Oh.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 01:45:34 AM »
Weimann, not Weinmann. Gardner, not Gardener.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 05:56:23 AM »
I think Weimann would have come through earlier were it not for his injury after he scored against his old club.

He really served notice with a hat-trick for the reserves against Newcastle. Soon after that he got the Fulham goal and he hasn't really looked back since.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 07:27:03 AM »
This is good news. We have had far too many of these long term injuries. You start forgetting who we have on the books. Gary needs a good pre-season to get his confidence back.  Just the type of player we need but I think he will need plenty of time.

Offline eastie

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 07:41:46 AM »
This is good news. We have had far too many of these long term injuries. You start forgetting who we have on the books. Gary needs a good pre-season to get his confidence back.  Just the type of player we need but I think he will need plenty of time.

As always bang on the money Jon.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
Re: Gary Gardner - Back in full training
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »
A CM able to score some goals would help us no end..hopefully he can come back and fulfill is potential

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 10:37:49 AM »
Our midfield for next season, presuming we stay up, has a lot of question marks over it.  We actually have a quite a few players for what will probably be 3 spots, but nobody is standing out as the 'general' in there, meaning we need to buy a midfielder.

Will we be able to offload Ireland?
Can KEA come good?
Has Lambert given up on Bannan?
Will Delph continue the recent good form?
How will Sylla develop?

Given all that, I do wonder if we might be better letting Gardner have his pre-season with the side and then getting him out on loan for some guaranteed game time?     

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 11:18:52 AM »
I hope Gardner can be the attacking threat that that we've missed from the middle of the park.
I wouldn't give him any game time this season. Get him training hard and set for a good pre-season.

Online ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »
Delph, Westwood and Gardner with Gabby, Benteke and Weimann is the logical selection. With Ireland, Bannan and Albrighton moving on with a central attacking midfielder and a wide attacker also coming in. Maybe Scott Sinclair and the Murphy lad from Crewe. Steady buying. But I would want to give Gardner every opportunity under Lambert having seen the improvement of Delph, Weimann, Gabby, Baker etc over the season.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »
It would be nice to buy someone proven and quality for CM in the summer. We have enough assorted prospects and mediocre shite. That said I'm kind of expecting the likes of Bannan, Holman and KEA to be still here. And we'll probably add that Liam "Birdcunt" (where is Mark Fletcher?) from Brighton or something.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »
We have too many players with question marks over them. We need some ruthless decision making as to which to keep and which to move on. Then we need to replace them with quality players to make sure we're not in this position again any time soon and to ensure that there's strength in depth and not just a decent first eleven with a load of crap after that.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 01:00:11 PM »
It would be nice to buy someone proven and quality for CM in the summer. We have enough assorted prospects and mediocre shite. That said I'm kind of expecting the likes of Bannan, Holman and KEA to be still here. And we'll probably add that Liam "Birdcunt" (where is Mark Fletcher?) from Brighton or something.

I've got no problem with KEA and Holman staying as squad players.  Bannan, Ireland and Albrighton can go.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »
Some of the players that we want to move on should be wrapped in cotton wool until the transfer window.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 03:54:43 PM »
A CM able to score some goals would help us no end..
Indeed. Daniel Johnson seems like another one who has some goals in him. Wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance next season too.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 03:59:29 PM »
From the little that I've seen of him, it's Carruthers I'm looking forward to seeing - in the playmaker role between midfield and forwards.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal